This guide will explain how to make the Windows 10 sign-in requirement optional, which will allow you to download apps from the Windows Store without a Microsoft account.
How to install Windows apps without a Microsoft account?
1) Right-click on the Start menu to display your Power User options. Select the Run command. Next, type in
followed by Enter to open the Registry Editor:
2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
3) Click on the Edit menu, followed by New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Rename the new key as MSAOptional:
4) Set the value of MSAOptional to 1. This will make your Microsoft accounts optional:
Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer. Once your computer loads, open the Windows Store and search for your desired app. Skip the sign-up procedure and proceed directly to your download.
How to change the app installation location on Windows 10?
In Windows 10, applications that are downloaded from the Windows Store are automatically installed in the WindowsApps folder located in the system partition. However, if you would prefer that your apps be installed on another drive, Windows 10 provides a hassle-free method to choose your preferred location to install apps downloaded from the Windows Store.
1) Click on Start > Settings > System > Storage.
2) Go to the Save Locations section, click on the drop down menu below New apps will save to and then select the desired partition or drive:
3) Windows 10 will automatically install apps downloaded from the Windows Store in the new installation folder. As for the ones that were already installed on your system, you can move them manually to the new location.
- Download from microsoft store without account
- Microsoft store without account
- How to download apps on laptop without microsoft store
- Where apps are stored on Windows 10? > Guide
- Google Play Store > Download
- Instagram > Download
- Netflix > Download
- Download and install Windows 8.1: from ISO, installer > Guide
- How to save ping report in text file?
- Fix the Windows security bug: Print Nightmare
- Clear RAM on Windows: via cmd, shortcut, without rebooting
- Turn off automatic updates on Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Microsoft Windows 11: release date, download, beta, update
- Enable/Disable device via command line
- Disable password at login: On Windows 7/8.1/10
- How to enable the screen reader: on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- How to check power usage on Windows PC?
- Execute a script in Windows: at startup and shutdown
- Network PC asking for username and password: Windows 10
- How to open MSI file: on Mac, in Android, in Windows 10
- How to create an icon in Paint
- Stop CMD from closing: automatically, after running program
- Java update tab missing: Windows 10
- Enable or disable the welcome screen: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- Fix disk boot failure: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
- How to use TV as second monitor: with HDMI, Windows 10
- Disable right click: Windows 10, Windows 11
- Set up your MagicJack: On Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Most common Windows error codes and how to fix them
- How to eject USB flash drive with a keyboard shortcut?
- How to check software installed date in Windows
- Removing the files remaining after uninstalling a program
- Stay online when switching user account: Windows
- Computer error codes list and solutions
- Exe files not opening: Windows 7, Windows 10, Vista, XP
- How to create an Autorun.inf file: in Windows 7
- Start/Stop a Service on Windows: command line, 10
- Restart Windows without restarting computer: Windows 10
- How to rip copy protected CD: Windows Media Player
- How to disable network sharing on Windows Media Player?
- How to check laptop battery health: Windows 8, 10
- How to rotate multiple images: at once, Windows 10
- ipconfig command: in Windows, not found
- How to enable/disable administrator account in Windows?
- How to know if you need more RAM on Windows 10?
- Disable Deepfreeze: from Command Prompt, without password
- Md5sum download and how to use
- Windows task manager missing menus and tabs
- Reset PC to factory settings: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- How to clear recent files: Windows 11,10,8.1
- How to set Command Prompt size: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- How to enable touchpad: Windows 10, on laptop
- Restore a Windows PC to factory settings without disc
- Recover deleted music files in Windows Media Player
- How to stop my Windows background from changing?
- How to fix Limited or No Connectivity issues on Windows?
- How to uninstall apps on Microsoft Surface
- Open SWF files in Windows and Android
- How to change account name in Windows 8.1
- Disable print spooler: on Windows 7, 10, 11
- Windows volume icon: not working, not showing
- USB hard drive not showing up: Windows
- Kernel Stack Inpage Error on Windows: how to fix?
- How to turn off airplane mode: Windows 11,10,8.1,8
- Disable the Touchpad when mouse is connected: Windows 11, 10
- How to fix sound problems: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to start system restore from command line in Windows
- How to disable network access to Windows registry?
- How to stop automatic restart: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP
- How to disable or enable the Encrypting File System: Windows
- How to show desktop icons in Windows 10
- How to add the Run command to Start menu: Windows 11,10,8.1
- How to show the preview pane: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- Start Windows computer in safe mode: via cmd, settings
- Improve your PC performance: for gaming, without formatting
- How to check the Windows version: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- Disable Windows Store: gpo, registry
- How to verify Windows license
- How to change the date and time: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to fix HDMI audio from laptop to TV: Windows 11,10,8,7
- Disable print spooler service: in domaine controllers
- How to create desktop shortcuts: Windows 11,10,8,7
- Change computer system language: Windows 7, Windows 10
- How to change the default OS in dual boot: Windows 11,10,8,7
- How to allow or block access to Microsoft Store in Windows
- How to reduce data usage: Windows 11, 10
- Disable touchpad: when mouse is connected, Windows 10
- How to disable or enable Autoplay: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to recover your Windows password with Lazesoft?
- How to fix a blue screen on Windows
- How to turn off the camera on Windows
- How to share files between two Windows PCs?
- Enable automatic sign-in: on Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to turn off Firewall: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- How to backup Windows data: with .bat
- Best apps to update your Windows drivers
- Enable admin account in Windows 7, 8, 10
- How to change desktop icons in Windows
- How to create a Resource Monitor shortcut: Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to fix a Windows Update failure
- How to defragment: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- How to disable Save a copy of sent messages in Windows Live
- Unable to install .NET Framework Error Message 0xc8000222
- How to open the Control Panel: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- Windows CLIP command
- HAL is missing in Windows
- Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows
- MSOCache delete