Export Office 365 mailbox to PST

Closed
Mike_26 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 19, 2021 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2021 - Updated on Dec 20, 2021 at 06:18 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 27, 2022 at 12:53 PM
Hello,

Anyone can provide manual methods to export my Office 365 mailbox to Outlook PST?

Else, do I have to do it by using third-party software? One of my friends lost his data while attempting this task manually, so he went with an automated tool. However, I am searching for an authentic manual practice to accomplish this task.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 27, 2022 at 12:53 PM
- Login to the Exchange Admin Center using the credentials of Office 365 account.
- Then select Permissions >> Admin Roles >> Discovery Management >> Mailbox Import Export and click Save.
- Then, select Compliance Management and click in-place eDiscovery & hold >> New(+).
- Under In-place eDiscovery & hold wizard, enter the Name and Description and click Next.
- Now to export PST from Office 365, choose the desired Mailboxes option.
- Under Search Query wizard, select the required filters and click on the Next button.
- From the In-Place Hold Settings wizard, mention the number of days for the data items to be preserved, before getting deleted from the server.
- Then, click Finish to export Office 365 emails into PST file.
- After that, all the generated search are listed. Then, click Preview search results.
- After that, click Download to export the PST files to the desktop PC.
- Now, run the security warning when the dialog box is appeared.
- From eDiscovery PST Export Tool dialog box, select the desired location in which the exported PST file will be saved.
- Then, click Start to begin the process i.e., to export Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- Now, enter the credentials of Office 365 account and click OK.
- After successful completion of the process, click on the Close button

Regards,
Peter Groft.