My Laptop wont turn on [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question abiba - Last answered on Feb 17, 2017 at 05:28 PM by Ambucias
Hello,i need help.my acer extensa 5630ez wont turn on.i tried charging it for hours.it still wont turn on.when its plugged in, the battery led light turns on.i press the ON button, the light goes out for a while and goes back on.My Laptop wont turn on!.so, I tried to remove the charger, the light turns on.i press the button once nothing happens, I press it again and again, then the battery led light flashes.pls help me.i dont know whats wrong.tnx SY
See more 
Helpful
+10
plus moins
Exactly the same problem with an Acer Extensa 5630ez from GERMANY.
Bought it 3 months ago. Problems started one month ago. Now nothing happens any more...
Have tried everything proposed in this forum, nothing...
I have today contacted ACER-Germany threw their site.
If I get an answer I will let U know.

- Did anybody manage to solve this issue?
- Did anyone got an official answer from Acer?
Was this answer helpful?  
slicker- Nov 16, 2009 at 01:59 PM
If you send ur laptop back to acer , ask them what the problem was , I will be really interested to know . thanks
CharlesPG- Nov 16, 2009 at 03:49 PM
I think I'll send it, so I'll mantain you informed of all I can know about that problem and the solution.
Regards!
CharlesPG- Dec 17, 2009 at 06:31 AM
Hi all,
Acer Customer Service finally returned my lapto and it's working correctly.
In their report they say that have changed the motherboard, that's the only explanation that I have.
Hope that could be useful for you all.
Best Regards.
CharlesPG slicker - Dec 11, 2009 at 04:45 PM
Hi all,
Acer Customer Service finally returned my lapto and it's working correctly.
In their report they say that have changed the motherboard, that's the only explanation that I have.
Hope that could be useful for you all.
Best Regards.
Gandalf the Grey- Dec 17, 2009 at 07:32 AM
Thanks, man. I thought something like that would happen. Unfortunately, I cannot do that: I have no way of getting my laptop to Acer.

At least now we know for sure where the problem is: in the motherboard. Probably a design or manufacturing flaw.
Helpful
+9
plus moins
Hello,

Remove the battery for some minutes, 10 minutes

Then put it back again, plug in the charger

start your laptop!

This should help
Woolridge- Dec 28, 2016 at 02:54 PM
I took my battery out and the charger out and held the power for 20 seconds and it still doesn't work
Ambucias 41954Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 29, 2017 Last seen - Dec 28, 2016 at 05:21 PM
Time for the repair shop
Scottaz- Jan 20, 2017 at 01:32 AM
My asus laptop doesnt want to come on,, no lights are showing. It was charging and the next nothing. The charger works on another laptop.. What can it be
Ajayy- Feb 17, 2017 at 05:11 PM
Nothing won't turn on
Ambucias 41954Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 29, 2017 Last seen - Feb 17, 2017 at 05:28 PM
That's sad ! What are you going to do?
Helpful
+8
plus moins
Removed the Battery and before you place the battery back in place hold on the power button then put back the battery.. then charged it again
Bbn0717- Nov 4, 2016 at 09:09 PM
TMOR Oct 20, 2009 08:38AM
Removed the Battery and before you place the battery back in place hold on the power button then put back the battery.. then charged it again

8 years later this was the only thing that worked. Thanks. Lol
ac3mark 6987Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus May 26, 2017 Last seen - Nov 4, 2016 at 09:17 PM
Right ON! Thank you for sharing! This is the battery trick!
wendybar- Jan 4, 2017 at 10:53 PM
Me too!! Thank goodness!!
Helpful
+8
plus moins
Hi,
Removed your battery and Hold Turn ON button (do not free it ) with a long time .. then take your laptop changer and Plug into your laptop and turn on the switch !!

Thanks
slicker 2Posts Saturday October 3, 2009Registration date November 14, 2009 Last seen Gandalf the Grey - Nov 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM
try keeping it in sleep mode
Beerboy 1Posts Friday December 2, 2016Registration date December 2, 2016 Last seen Gandalf the Grey - Dec 2, 2016 at 09:03 AM
I;ve just done this and everything is tickety boo. Thanks for the tip.
ac3mark 6987Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus May 26, 2017 Last seen - Dec 2, 2016 at 08:16 PM
RIGHT ON!
Hope- Aug 15, 2010 at 12:00 PM
OMG thank you
you legend it worked
Babar Saleem- Oct 24, 2016 at 01:17 AM
Hi,
I have a similar problem with Hair brand laptop. But this is not working for my laptop.
I removed power plug & battery too. Pressed power button for 30 sec and then plugged both battery and charger. But this wont work with Hair..

This laptop is PMs Laptop scheme, will be thankful for your help.
Helpful
+7
plus moins
I have the exact same problem. I have an Acer Extensa 5630EZ, and when I turn it off, it doesn't want to turn on again, for a few hours (or days, sometimes). When connected to the power supply, the battery light comes on normally, either in green (charged) or in orange (charging). When press the power button, one of the following happens:

* If the laptop is connected to the power supply, the light comes off for a couple of seconds (a few more if I keep it pressed). Then it comes back on.
* If it is not connected to the power supply, it does nothing, except when I quickly press it five times, then the battery light slowly blinks orange five times.

I really don't know what to do. Every time it does that, I have to wait a looooong time to be able to turn it on again. I have tried the so-called "power reset" (remove the battery and press the power button for 30 secs or so), but nothing happens. I am quickly nearing desperation. I also wrote to Acer Support and, guess what... no answer.
Helpful
+1
plus moins
If you have a Lenovo G50,than press the power
button 10 times,and hold the power button for 30
seconds
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi,
I have a similar problem with Hair brand laptop. But this is not working for my laptop.
I removed power plug & battery too. Pressed power button for 30 sec and then plugged both battery and charger. But this wont work with Hair..

This laptop is PMs Laptop scheme, will be thankful for your help
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi.. I have a problem to turned on my laptop. My laptop doesnt turn on when i plugged in without my battery. Its on blink once and nothing happen. When i use battery without plugged in it, my laptop run without problem. When i plugged in with battery on it, it doeant charge the battery and power source led and charging led keep blinking. What should i do? I need information asap. Tq
ac3mark 6987Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus May 26, 2017 Last seen - Nov 16, 2016 at 04:25 PM
John., please start a new thread if the battery trick didn't work, you have other issues!
A Guy- Dec 18, 2016 at 11:22 AM
This happened to me also. I did all that but then I used Fn Brightness Up
and sometimes it doesn't work so you try down instead of up mattering on how you turned it off!!!

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?