Unable to send email from iphone mail.com

Solved/Closed
Glamanda - Feb 15, 2010 at 07:52 PM
 Phonecoach - Feb 25, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Hello, thanks to everyone's previous advice about setting up mail.com on my iphone. I am now receiving emails but unable to send email. I know the email addresses are correct but I am getting the 'sender email address invalid' error message.

Can anyone help? I have read many blogs and tried everything but I can't get it to work!

Thanks in advance,
Amanda
Related:

5 responses

I had the same problem, indicating that the SMPT server needed a password. This is new on OS 3 on the iPhone. Although I could still retrieve emails, when I checked the iPhone outbox, there was a message that hadn't been sent. If you go to the iPhone email settings, select the account and then scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server settings, click on the SMPT settings, then on the primary SMPT server, you will see that there is a field for password, that most likely is not set. Just click on the password field and enter your SMPT password and this should solve your problem. It worked for me.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Jan 10, 2011 at 04:18 PM
Thank you Sunnyind! Who would have thought it?
Yea thanks man was having the same problem and fixed it thanks.