Ask a question Report

I need SATA driver to install xp [Solved/Closed]

dinesh - Latest answer on Jan 8, 2013 09:53PM
i want to install windows xp but i have vista......
so how can install xp over vista in inspiron 1525 dell laptop...
plz help me
Read more 
moins plus

if you have problem with installing xp, please do this.

Disable the native-SATA in the BIOS
If the BIOS provides an option to disable the native-SATA configuration in the BIOS, do the following steps.
1. Turn off the computer.
2 Press the power button and press f10 to open the BIOS Setup.
3. Use the cursor to navigate the Configuration options to locate the Native-SATA setting.
If there is a SATA setting, select the Disable option, and then press F10 to save the change and restart the computer.
If there is no SATA setting, use one of the other options in this document to change the settings.

go to this link fo full document:

addy- Apr 2, 2010 12:34AM
Thanks Dude. It works charm in A spire 5738 as per ur comment........
Steve Remtek- Apr 9, 2010 04:04AM
Worked for Me too. Well done! Saves all the bother of using Nlite to create a new installation CD. Thanks!!
Mitesh- Apr 9, 2010 04:38AM
Thanks Yar
Reddy- Apr 27, 2010 05:10PM
I don't have an option saying SATA Native mode. I dont know wat to do now ?
moins plus

ted- Mar 3, 2009 12:52AM
hi good day pls give driver for sata driver for compaq presario v3000
theestever- May 29, 2009 07:01PM
The answer about disabling the SATA ACHI was the correct one!

Worked for me, and thanks a lot to the guy that posted it---you also have to disable some type of "FLASH"
switch, but whenever I went to change the SATA settings as directed, it prompted and told me to do that also, and now it sees my hard drive (SATA, of course....) But you saved me alot of grief, so thanx!

dawood- Jul 7, 2009 03:18AM
i have one problem.what that my loptop is hp pavilion 6000.there is vista os .i need new intall forxp pls help me
Gun_Man- Dec 23, 2009 07:09PM
Mate thank you sooooo much I have spent all day on this and I never thought to change the settings in the BIOS,
Once I had done that bobs your uncle Windows XP on my laptop.
Jack- Jan 5, 2010 07:23AM
This error raises because your WinXp Cd has not this driver.
If you are going to install WinXp on a Desktop, you can give the Sata driver by means of a Floppy when installing wizard ask you "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver...".
If you are goinig to install WinXp on a Laptop, the best way is to embed the Sata driver in your Windows Cd.
To solve this problem, you can use nLite to embed the needed Sata driver into your WinXP Cd.
A little Googling about "nLite" and "Embedding drivers in WinXp Cd" Can be useful.
God Luck!
moins plus
I had the same problem with a Toshiba Satellite A300D, I could not find drivers for Sata. But when I looked into the bios menu, I saw an option like this: "Sata drive configuration: 1.AHCI and 2.Compatibility. I've select compatibility and I managed to install windows xp.

kya- Apr 12, 2009 09:58AM
I'm very grateful. Thanks to your post than I managed to install the windows in my laptop
moins plus
Go through his link you will ger drivers for sata

moins plus
Hy gys,
use this link
and select
"F6 Intel..."
in the drop down menu.
Good luck

moins plus
hi, i have this problem also but my laptop is Compaq presario v3000. if you get the solution please tell me also. thank!

moins plus
Check the hard drive manufacturer website for some of those drivers.

moins plus
Acer Extensa 5220 same problem with SATA.
Dowloaded the drivers SATA from Acer.
Copied to USB , files in/out original folder .
Inserted while i was installing the XP .
Did the F6 gig,didn't worked.
Restarted the whole process with usb inserted and .... MIRACLE !!!
My HDD was there.
Good luck :)

moins plus
thank you

moins plus
i want to install windows xp but i have cq 60 104tu compaq laptop please help me

moins plus
For HP Pavilion, disable SATA support in BIOS worked.

moins plus
Remember you not upgrading, you doing downgrading. an order to intall xp over vista, you need to erase everything in the system. erase every data in the hard drive. there is a boot cd for that. the boot cd will clean everything and aloud to install xp.

This document entitled « i need SATA driver to install xp » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.