Recording device [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question naslash - Last answered on Nov 3, 2017 at 03:21 PM by frustrated
Hello,
I am having trouble with the recording device. I have tried everything I read in this forum, and even more. I have deleted my recording device by mistake and I am having a hard time retrieving it. It says that the audio output and every other device is working properly. So it basically says everything in the sound card is working, but my microphone won't work because it can't detect a recording device. I am using a Sony VAIO VGN-FE48G/H with windows vista. I can't even find the model of my laptop on the sony website to download drivers, even though it's quite recent. Help will be appreciated.

Thank You.
Helpful
+405
plus moins
If you had disabled the recording device and now it is not visible. you may want to follow instruction from following blurb:
saucy- Apr 22, 2010 at 08:56 PM
u tha man
chandni- May 2, 2010 at 09:35 PM
thankss (;
AceB- Jun 23, 2010 at 11:46 PM
Where are these instructions D:?
a nick jick- Jul 15, 2010 at 01:46 PM
cannot see following blurb where is it?
frustrated- Nov 3, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Thanks This worked for me now
Helpful
+181
plus moins
HELLO! THIS SAME PROBLEM HAD HAPPENED TO ME THIS MORNING, I DID PLENTY OF RESEARCHES TO TRY TO ENABLE BACK MY MIC AND I DID NOT FIND ANY HELP AT ALL! BUT OUT OF LUCK, I FOUND THE SOLUTION MYSELF.

I CURRENTLY HAVE WINDOWS 7 AND I THINK IT WOULD BE THE SAME FOR VISTA & ETC.

START MENU > CONTROL PANEL > HARDWARE & SOUND > SOUND > MANAGE AUDIO DEVICES > RECORDING TAB > RIGHT CLICK IN BLANK BOX & CHECK "SHOW DISABLED DEVICES.

TAAAA-DAA! IT WORKS NOW! HOPE THIS HELPS! ;D ENJOY!

<3KIMMIE.
owls- Jul 15, 2010 at 06:58 PM
thanks so much. that worked for me too
ChrisTheRipper- Jul 23, 2010 at 06:15 AM
I accidently deleted it... So much obliged for this, Kim ;)
brocky- Jul 26, 2010 at 09:31 PM
thank yo very much.ive only had my laptop a day and was not looking forward to the embarssement of taking it back.Your a saviour :D
will- Jul 28, 2010 at 06:27 PM
3KIMMIE !!!
I hope you win a lottery worth billions. I was at the point of doing a flight test on my HP g60 until I saw your post here. Thank you so much for your help.

*bows deeply*
with respect
will
floral- Jul 31, 2010 at 04:27 PM
thankyou very much kimberley-ann. it helped renable floral's toshiba tv audio driver
Helpful
+11
plus moins
I tried right clicking on no recording device installed but never gave option to enable. Still can't find recording device and does not recognize microphone
Helpful
+9
plus moins
This does not work for me as I right click and there is nothing that says "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

Exactly what area are you talking about?
huuyga- Sep 1, 2009 at 05:34 PM
right clicked on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the
Taskbar, selected Recording Devices, right clicked in the window and selected
both Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
jojo- Jun 5, 2010 at 09:06 PM
nice thank you :)
Helpful
+6
plus moins
Have you definately deleted it? Because I missed the fact that I hadn't deleted it, it was still there, it was just set to hidden!
Helpful
+6
plus moins
I have skype, it rings but it says that I have a problem with my recording device, please can someone help
Helpful
+5
plus moins
ID KISS YOU IF YOU WERNT A THOUSAND MILES AWAY..... MIC HAS BEEN DISABLED FOR A YEAR !!! CHEERS :D X
Helpful
+5
plus moins
Easier method that worked for me with Windows 7 (using Fatal1ty HS-800 headset and mic did not work):

Control Panel - - Troubleshooting tab - - Hardware and Sound - - Troubleshoot audio recording tab

computer troubleshoot/fixed it for me - - didn't have to do anything but click on what it asked me for
Helpful
+3
plus moins
Hiya, the same thing has happened to me, i'm using the Sony Vaio cr31s, and I seriously can't find any way to fix it. Would the only way to sort it out be to wipe the laptop clean and start over? I have the discs?

Thanks
zylonk- Jan 19, 2009 at 02:04 PM
Had the same prob with an AR51M. Solution is to dowlnoad the latest audio drivers from the VAIO site. Good luck.
Helpful
+3
plus moins
Thanks Bro, it really helped me..
Helpful
+3
plus moins
Dude I could KISS U!!!! I thought my laptop was uselesss noww!!!!!
Helpful
+3
plus moins
NOW I CAN FIND MY RECORDING DEVICE ALSO BY GOING TO CONTROL PANEL THEN
SOUND ICON THEN RECORDING TAB AND RIGHT CLICKING MOUSE BUTTON AND
SELECTING "SHOW DISABLED DEVICES". THANKS YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.
Helpful
+3
plus moins
thank you thank youuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did what you all said but it still wouldnt show the mic. then I switched tabs and when I came back to the tab that says recording, the mic was there!!! I started shouting and celebrating hahahaaaaa thank you all
Helpful
+2
plus moins
This is so awesome. Thanks soooooooooooooo much. I was in a panic until I found your input.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Dude, thank you so much! I was panicking for a few hours.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER

MUCHOSGRACIAS
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Thank You! Simple and effective instructions. You saved me a lot of time considering what Acer wanted me to do.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Amazing how one answer can help SO many of us. Yes, I too thought that I, somehow, deleted a driver or something. However, like so many of us I had only hidden the device from the dialogue box. I'm already married or I would consider the same as some of the previous postings!
Helpful
+2
plus moins
THANK YOU!!!
Helpful
+2
plus moins
thank you!! you are the best!
1 2 Next

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?