USB stick doesn't open

Solved/Closed
USB question - Dec 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM
 Karma - Apr 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Hello,
My USB stick used to work fine, but suddenly it didn't open any more when I plugged it in and when I try to open the disc in "my computer" everytime an "open with" window pops up ("choose the program you want to use to open the file"). I cannot get to the contents of the stick. Please help me out.
Related:

6 responses

Just go to Start>Run and access the drive frm dere.
Should solve the problem
RichyB Posts 36 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2009 12
Feb 9, 2009 at 09:47 AM
That doesnt really solve the problem. There is alot of viruses going around and spreading via pen drives, Please Scan your drive with an upto date virus scanner. if you can access the pen drive using the start run method please go into your pen drive and then go to tools, Folder options, View, and scroll down and check the box next to show hidden files and folders, and scroll down a little further and uncheck hide protected operating system files. Click yes when a box apears. Go back to the pen drive and you should see an autorun.ini file delete this file.

Remove the pen and put it back in and your problem should be Solved
msm > RichyB Posts 36 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2009
Feb 10, 2009 at 09:04 AM
Thank you, it works again! :-) Only thing is, there is no Menu bar if you open the stich via 'run'. I could access the files when I just replugged the stick in, but for people where this doesn;t work, you might need another solution to get to the 'autorun' file.

Anyway, many thanks!