USB stick doesn't open [Solved/Closed]

USB question - Dec 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM - Latest reply:  Karma
- Apr 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Hello,
My USB stick used to work fine, but suddenly it didn't open any more when I plugged it in and when I try to open the disc in "my computer" everytime an "open with" window pops up ("choose the program you want to use to open the file"). I cannot get to the contents of the stick. Please help me out.
See more 

15 replies

Best answer
pc.king2692 - Feb 9, 2009 at 09:38 AM
Thank you
Just go to Start>Run and access the drive frm dere.
Should solve the problem

Thank you, pc.king2692 27

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1680 users this month

go to windows explorer (Start-Accessories) and in the left panel you can click on the pen-drive. worked for me :), and there u can do the mentioned above
go to my computer and right click on the usb and click search and then cipy all the files and paste them to ur desktop then go to my computer and format the usb and it will work and then just put all the files you copyed and paste it back. same thing happen to me but this fixed it trust me u wanker
dogzbollix > rizzy - Jan 4, 2010 at 12:13 PM
cheers mucker! worked like magic! db
GamerMickey > RichyB 37 Posts Sunday February 8, 2009Registration date February 11, 2009 Last seen - Mar 9, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Thank you, this was great! I don't have the AutoRun feature though. I'll be digging into this.
Thanks a lot it was great help.Copy and formatting the pen drive
Thank you
Well you may consider puppy linux or for that matter any linux os should do.What you have is a limitation of windows. In linux you mount drive & at that point you will be able to see the content. My choice of puppy linux is that it is free burns to a cd , boots a machine & believe it or not with the correct thinking can resolve many window problems like malware & virus & spyware where windows cant remove them the puppy jumps in like the attack dog it is, don't be fooled by his cute look he means business. Just a note when you mount the usb you also need to mount the hard drive be careful of which hard drive you need the one with windows folder to copy your data over drag is possible with a list choose copy...
Thank you
THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX A LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Thank you
Thanks a lot for this
nousovannara - Aug 20, 2010 at 08:56 PM
Thank you
excause me , I have two question to ask you that :

1). how should we do to resolve about USB locked?

2). How to install sound driver in PC ? which of Program to download driver ?

Thanks you.

Best Regard

Nou sovannara
Thank you
you can press thw windows button and then r, for run as a shortcut type in D:\ (for vista)
G:\ (for xp)
I cant open my mp3 player it asks me if I want to format it or not and then when I do click format it saids windows can not format drive and then my mp3 player appears like I unplugged it, pls help me guys nothing above worked :(((((
i scanned it with an antivirus, AVG , stil nothing :(((
ifu have any suggestions email them to me mikehogan0521@yahoo.com thank you very much !!!
Horse McHoreshoe - Mar 3, 2010 at 11:20 AM
Man, that is some poor advice. Really REALLY bad. Awa' an bile yer heid.