Ask a question Report

My ipod touch wont turn on [Solved/Closed]

jandangregbritt - Latest answer on Oct 6, 2012 04:46PM
my ipod touch want come on, anymore. it will not even come up on the plug screen any longer,,any ideas please help i need to fix it for my son's birthday which is 2marr,,,,,i need to get him a ipod deck, but i can't if the iopd don't wok , please help me.
Read more 

moins plus

Another user, Crystal, had the very same issue as your. She solved it and a flod of thanks came showering on her. Here is what she wrote:

The way I did it is: I had my ipod connected to my computer and I pressed the critical button and the menu button simultaneously* and.... after 6-10 seconds BAM!!! iT WORKED LIKE A CHARM IN THE FIRST SHOT!

In other words, If your iPod won't turn on anymore, you need to reset it. Hold the sleep/wake button and the home button together for at least 10 seconds until the apple logo appears

whiteguardien- Jun 7, 2011 11:59PM
thank u so much i thought i broke it and my mum would hav taken it to an apple shop and made a right idiot of her self!!
zbeast7- Jun 9, 2011 10:47AM
god bless u it worked perfectly!!!
HMMM....- Jun 9, 2011 12:21PM
Thank u soooo much!!! it worked :D thank u!!
dd- Jun 10, 2011 03:20PM
OMG, thank you so much, I was using my ipod touch and took a picture, put it down and the next time I looked at it to charge it it wouldn't do anything and I thought it was broken. Now it is charging and I will be able to use it again soon. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH
mart- Oct 6, 2012 04:46PM
OMG thank you so much!!! My parents would have gotten me in so much trouble and they would never let me see another ipod/touch/phonw/pad you name it if I broke this another time!
This document entitled « my ipod touch wont turn on » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.