Ask a question Report

Acer aspire 4520 Laptop screen goes white [Solved/Closed]

Raj - Latest answer on Aug 2, 2013 06:11AM
Hello,
I got laptop , named acer aspire 4520 , purchased 11 months ago , now the problem with my laptop is , sometimes the screen of laptop goes whole white , for example , playing a movie or song , in between that , the screen goes whole white and i had no option except restart my laptop , problem with hibernate as well , when i hibernete the laptop and when i boot up after hibernate , screen remains white.. Anybody Can help ?? plz rep. me A.S.A.P
Read more 
Answer
+51
moins plus
I actually have this kind of problem but my laptop screen goes white right after i turn on my laptop. i tried to restart it many times but it didn't work. any suggestions?

Answer
+42
moins plus
hello guys, Im having the same problem here with u guys.
I was searching for solutions when i bumped to these page.

Seems like every other solution is just temp and hard.

I hav my own temp solution. might be useful if share it here.

what i did is, set ur laptop power options to "do nothing" when u close the lid. apply this to both when using battery or when plugged in.

so whenever ur monitor flicked out the white screen, just close the lid and open again.
Might be useful. if u hav to, do it several time coz i already did, and it works.

it's tiring to shut down or sleep when im working or playing games.

Answer
+31
moins plus
The cloth trick works thanks man

kippy- Mar 31, 2013 01:43PM
wots the cloth trick
Answer
+16
moins plus
If white screen sometimes goes away by closing and opening the screen, then the problem is cable connecting the computer to LCD monitor. In my Travelmate 7520 I had white screen problems, but by making sure that monitor cable is connected properly it now works perfectly. The cable was poorly connected and it moved little bit. So when it moved too much, screen went white. And when you close the lid few times it moves back just enough to start working again. It's only temporary solution, because everytime connection gets looser and looser...
Here's how to check the cable & fix white screen:

You can start by checking if monitor cable is disconnected or badly connected. In order to do this, first you have to remove plastic panel between monitor and keyboard. It's same panel which usually cover hinges and has powerbutton on it (depends on model). Carefully remove it, from right to left, start from upside of the panel. (Atleast with Travelmate 7520) Once you have removed it you should see some wires that go trough hinges to the monitor. Monitor cable is the biggest one of them, and has wide connector with many pins, usually on left side of laptop. Now you can start the laptop (if it's not on already). When computer has started, just disconnect the monitor cable, clean it, connect it again and make sure it's connected nice and tight, hopefully it starts working. If that didn't help, try to wiggle the connector and cable little bit and watch if anything happens on monitor. If not, problem might still be with the monitor cable, but at other end of the cable... That is little bit harder to test, but worth checking it before buying new LCD screen or computer. If both ends of cable are connected properly and it still wont work, problem might be with the cable itself. It's not expensive so I would buy new one and try with that before buying new LCD screen.
I hope this helps somebody, good luck.

Answer
+12
moins plus
OK so I have been having the same problem but not with an Aspire, but with another Acer product. Now I tried this method and it stopped the screen from turning white for a few weeks... until today. I redid this about 10 minutes ago and I am waiting to see if I get it again. Now this is what I did:

1) Turn computer off and push screen all the way back.
2) Remove cover where the power button is completely.
3) On the left hand side there is a black pouch like thing.
4)Tap this black pouch like thing a few times.
5) Re-attach cover.
6) Put screen up and turn computer on.
7) Hope you don't see the white screen of death again.

Answer
+9
moins plus
The best option is to go to your power settings and make the options that when you close the id for it to 'do nothing'. Does this on your battery and A/C settings then when your screen goes white all you have to do is close it and open it back. This seems to work but it will eventually get worse and your screen may have to be replaced

Answer
+9
moins plus
Im thinking all those answers are off because when I hook my laptop up to my big extension screen It goes white too! I trade stock using live feed software and I think sometimes theres just too much information or screens open hence white screen.

mia- Apr 27, 2010 05:50AM
agreed, you can start the task manager if you ctrl alt del and if you look at processes or at least on mine it says all of them are stopped? i have an acer aspire 5738z by the way.
Answer
+8
moins plus
TRY TO CHECK YOUR LAPTOP IF YOUR LAPTOP IS NOT HAVING SCREEN OR FLEX PROBLEM BY CONNECTING IT WITH THE EXTERNAL MONITOR . THEN ON THE SYSTEM AND THE MONITOR TOO . PRESS ALT F5 OR ALT F8 TO ALLOW IT TO SHOW ON EXTERNAL MONITOR

Answer
+8
moins plus
Just unplug the video cable and give it a 360 degree twist and put it back. Worked for me.

Dexter- Jun 12, 2011 12:06PM
i just twisted video cable and checked tightness of video cable......and it worked for me too.
B- May 22, 2013 07:53AM
check your fan and make sure laptop not over heating
Answer
+7
moins plus
wooow i solved my laptop's problem.
i have HP pavilion dv5 whenever i start up my laptop i get the white screen and also it appears in between.
what i did i turned it off then i removed battery after that i turn it on with power only then again shutdown then i put back the battery. now everything works fine ..

thank you all :)

This document entitled « acer aspire 4520 Laptop screen goes white » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.