Wireless Connecton But No Internet?!?

Closed
noam - Apr 27, 2012 at 07:14 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 28, 2012 at 01:58 AM
Hello, Hello,
I have had my Dell Inspiron 1525 for about 3.5 years. It has been fine up until about five months ago. I had to totally replace my harddrive after a virus, and ever since then it periodically starts up in a safe mode. A few days ago, everything was working fine. I put the laptop in sleep mode and went out to dinner. When I got back, there was a wireless connection but I couldn't connect to the Internet! Other computers in the house can connect to the Internet via wireless, so it is something in my system. I have tried my usual tricks, including going to Run and resetting winsock (it said I needed elevation? 10 karma points to anyone who can tell me what this means!) but nothing has helped. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer! Thanks in advance!

Related:

2 responses

venu619 Posts 36 Registration date Thursday December 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2015 14
Apr 28, 2012 at 01:00 AM
did you try resetting your Internet Protocol (IP) configuration settings?

This is the only possible reason I can think of, according to what you've said.

Can you plz explain any software changes recently made so that they might have any impact on the systems internet configuration settings ?
Blocked Profile
Apr 28, 2012 at 01:58 AM
I think you are using manual ip on your laptop that's it your laptop connects to the wireless but cant access internet try to set your ip settings automatic and than try to connect and access internet.