Saving Papers

Solved/Closed
ehlblackstar Posts 11 Registration date Monday April 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2018 - Oct 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
ehlblackstar Posts 11 Registration date Monday April 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2018 - Oct 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

I hope someone could help...

I have list of Check Numbers on Column A and Their Amount on Column B and it runs on almost a thousand of Pages.

what I am doing, to save papers on my printouts is cutting the content of Column A & B of page 2 and Paste it on column C & D of page 1. And, Cutting the content of Column A & B of page 3 and Paste it on column E & F of page 1. Then, delete the entire row of Page 2 & 3 to bring up page 4 on page 2. and doing the same, cutting the content of column A & B of Page 3 & 4 and Pate it on Column C- D and E- F on page 2... and so on and so fort. and it kills me doing it all day and all night long.....

Is there an easy way or a formula to make life more simpler. and let us help save papers and trees as well.

thank you so much... God bless us all!

2 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Hi ehlblackstar,

See if this code suit your needs.
Try it out on a copy of the actual file in case it doesn't do what you want.
Sub test()
Dim x, y, z, lRow As Integer

y = InputBox("How many rows contain a single page?")
lRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
x = 1
z = 1

Do
    Range(Cells(x, "A"), Cells(x + y - 1, "B")).Copy Range("A" & z)
    Range(Cells(x + y, "A"), Cells(x + 2 * y - 1, "B")).Copy Range("C" & z)
    Range(Cells(x + 2 * y, "A"), Cells(x + 3 * y - 1, "B")).Copy Range("E" & z)
    x = x + 3 * y
    z = z + y
Loop Until x > lRow

Range(Cells(z, "A"), Cells(lRow, "B")).ClearContents

End Sub

Now go save some trees!

Best regards,
Trowa
ehlblackstar Posts 11 Registration date Monday April 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2018
Oct 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Oh Dear Trowa,

You really did help me make my life more easier...
Thank you very much for helping me save more trees.

God Bless you!

ehlblakcstar
ehlblackstar Posts 11 Registration date Monday April 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2018
Oct 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Oh Dear Trowa,

You really did help me make my life more easier...
Thank you very much for helping me save more trees.

God Bless you!