Problem in connecting internet thru ethernet

Closed
Nisanth - Mar 1, 2009 at 04:48 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 1, 2009 at 03:35 PM
Hi friends,

I'm expereienceing a strange problem, Im running Vista SP1 in HP pavilion 6284 Turion laptop. Earlier I was connecting to net via WiFi modem and now i moved my residence and the provider gave Wi max modem connected to my laptop thru RJ 45 ethernet cable.

Now the problem is, the pages are not loading in IE/FF/Chrome when connected directly to the net, At the same time when Im connecting Gtalk it is connecting and is able to chat or when i click on email notifications its logging into gmail (via Chrome) as well.

BUT......... when i use a proxy (I normally use Ultrasurf) internet is working fine, without any problems xcept in downloading via Flashget...

What cud be the reason for this and how can I connect normally which because I dont want to connect thru proxy for banking purposes etc??

PS : Im having commodo firewall & avast AV. is it something to do with that
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 1, 2009 at 03:35 PM
Try turning OFF the firewall and test that way. I suspect it's firewall related.