Cannot Boot system - says missing comg32.dgl file

Closed
diggin4it Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2014 - Jul 14, 2014 at 02:01 PM
monkicalee Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2015 - Jul 6, 2015 at 01:36 AM
Hello,

I cannot boot my xp system because of an error message that says ----- missing comg32'dlg file.

What can I do to get my system to boot up, I do not have a system disk.

Thank You,

Diggin4it
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 14, 2014 at 02:08 PM
I can find any data about a "comg32.dlg file" on the internet. Please check the the spelling of the error message.
diggin4it Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 at 03:13 PM
Hello,

I checked and I did not put in the correct error message --- it should have been

missing comg32.dll file.

Thank You,

Diggin4it
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 14, 2014 at 04:05 PM
This file is not a known Windows DLL.
I suspect Malware programs, such as virus, trojans and rootkits that have the potential to affect your computer's performance in many ways. Malicious programs are notorious for modifying or deleting important files like DLL files.

Can you boot into Safe Mode (F8 when windows starts)?

I suspect your PC is infected, first run a malware scan using a reputed antivirus and antispyware tool to delete the malware and restore your PC's integrity. Next, if the missing DLL file is a non-Windows file, download a new copy of the DLL file from a reliable DLL online directory. There are many free DLL directories available on the Internet that offer free downloads of DLL files. However, before you select a website always confirm that the website is safe and genuine. The reason being - there are many dubious websites that are known to push rogue or malicious files in disguise of genuine DLL files. Downloading a file from such websites may cause more harm to your PC.

I you are using Windows 7 or 8 you have the option to start from a "repair disk" and run a "startup repair". These repair disks can be downloaded via the internet and burned to a CD. They are specific to the type of Windows you have installed. Either 32 or 64 bit. So be sure to download the correct one.

It is also recommended that you run a registry scan to ensure that the DLL error is not caused due to an incorrect DLL entry in the registry.
monkicalee Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2015
Jul 6, 2015 at 01:36 AM
You can fix this issue with the follow steps below:

Step 1: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Windows XP
Step 2: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
Step 3: Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
Step 4: Update Your PC Device Drivers
Step 5: Utilize Windows System Restore to "Undo" Recent System Changes
Step 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Windows XP Program Associated with comg32.dll
Step 7: Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")
Step 8: Install All Available Windows Updates
Step 9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows

Hope this can help you.