Ask a question Report

Ps3 and hdmi cable [Solved/Closed]

Huttchand - Latest answer on Oct 8, 2012 06:19PM
Hello, We disconnected the ps3 from the HDTV to play a blue ray on another HDTV. When we went to switch it back again the original TV is just displaying a no signal. No matter the setting, we can't get it to pick up the signal again through the HDMI cable. Any ideas before I go crazy from calling Envision?
Read more 
Answer
+186
moins plus
hold down the power button for 5 seconds and it will reset the image settings

generalgravy- Jul 22, 2010 10:18PM
Itried that and it never help i even tried putting it to a normal tv and the screen was still just blank
brandon- Aug 23, 2010 10:50PM
dam bro thats pro it worked
Konvictz- Sep 8, 2010 06:00AM
u r a saviour!!!!
HAPPYNESS- Sep 19, 2010 08:28PM
i couldnt get it but my 6 year old figured it out!!! THANK YOU!!!
dollyonthekill- Oct 8, 2012 06:19PM
y boyfriend loves you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i do too... he wanted me too go across town to get some wire ...thank you so much for saving me a tripp...
Answer
+72
moins plus
well....iv had the same problem, my tv says no signal....i tried holding the button for 5 seconds....also tried holding both buttons for 10 seconds, nothing seems to work. any ideas

Answer
+44
moins plus
ive figure it out bro..... hold the button 5 sec and at the 5th scnd take ur finger out and when ur turning it on do the same but dont use the controller!!! if u succed ... tell m something .... hj_3D@hotmail.com

Sobri- Aug 21, 2010 09:34PM
I LOVE YOU.
pimpjuice- Aug 31, 2010 05:46PM
wow i love you bro!
tridoos- Sep 9, 2010 05:56PM
love u too :)
icepole- Sep 11, 2010 08:24AM
I tried very other solution offered by the other sites. This worked perfectly. You are the dude.
shaun- Sep 18, 2010 09:27AM
thnx soooooooo much dat helped me allot i luv u mate thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsssss
Answer
+22
moins plus
I pressed it for 5 seconds but, still no picture. Any suggestions?

Answer
+19
moins plus
So your Playstation 3 is on with no signal. Hold down the start button on the the console till it beeps then turns off. Start it back up the same way hold down the button till it beeps again and it will be reset to the RCA cables.You will be able to tell if it worked by the no signal screen going black then it goes to the PS3 screen. If this doesn't work hook it back up through the HDMI cables and go to video setting and it will say HDMI and 2 other options. HDMI being the top one. Pick the bottom setting of the 3 with a bunch of different letters with the / through them.That should solve your problem.

generalgravy- Jul 22, 2010 10:23PM
yeah i tried holding it down but it never worked and then i hooked it upto the av cable but it still never worked
Answer
+17
moins plus
can someone plz help me?? i went from a HMDI plug in to a tv that has components (Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr, S-Video). at first i had nothing "no signal".. then i did the reset thing and that gave me visual, only problem now is no sound!?..all cords are pluged in the right holes and its a new cord

Answer
+14
moins plus
Ok heres the deal, i had my playstation 3 at my friends house and he has a hd tv and hdmi cables so we were playing my ps3 on his tv and used the hdmi, did that little update thing and was playing in hd :D

but now i am back home on my old crappy tv, got the yellow and white cords in and cant see the screen, i tried holding down the button for 5 seconds but after about 3 the playstation beeps and it just turns off.. pls help

Answer
+9
moins plus
turn off the system so the light on the front is res, then hold down/ touch where the power singnal is for about 5 seconds thatb should reset it back to its original settings

ashycoolss- Aug 20, 2010 10:18AM
cheersoooo
scotty- Aug 27, 2010 04:11AM
ohh thanks man you just made my day!!!

this does work its great !!!!!!!

thanks heeps
Answer
+8
moins plus
press and hold down the power button until it beeps.

ola- Sep 13, 2010 10:50PM
does all this apply on both ps3 or just the slim ps3 or just the fat ps3?
shaun- Sep 18, 2010 09:28AM
Both ps3s mate
Answer
+7
moins plus
Ok, so i hooked the HDMI cable up to the PS3 and TV< everything was right and only the sound came through. I Also went to settings and tried all the HD settings. It was originally set to Automatic and it still didn't work. Any suggestions?

Cat- Jun 21, 2010 09:57AM
you have to turn your ps3 off while the HD cable is still in and then turn it back on manually without the controller and give it a couple seconds, mine did the same thing
Answer
+5
moins plus
ello . right so i hooked up my slim-lined ps3 with hd cable, i have sound but no picture ??? what in the world.
i went out & brought a new hdmi cable 30:00 to b exact that was on half price the curry's assistant said, still very good sound , just no picture !!! help me please ! humph

Gary- Dec 16, 2009 01:31PM
ok mate, what you do is... you hold down the power button on the ps3 (when on standby) for 5 secs, you will here a bleep around the 5 second mark, when you hear this bleep, take your finger off the button, give it a few seconds and you will get display :D:D

good luck (Y) :)
si- Dec 24, 2009 05:43PM
thanks! It worked
Meg Gary - Jan 20, 2010 07:14PM
You Rock....holding it down for 5 second did the trick. You are a lifesaver!
Peternorth- Jul 18, 2010 02:22PM
hobaaaa it worked you're my king!!
ola- Sep 13, 2010 10:47PM
it doesnt work.. when i press it all it does is turn off and then turn on.. same result.. =[
Answer
+5
moins plus
YOU GUYS ARE GENIUSIS!!!!!!!

Arthil- Apr 27, 2010 09:35AM
ye they really are!
Chriscre- Jul 1, 2010 08:37AM
LIVE SAVERS!!!
T.D- Jul 23, 2010 12:17AM
omg, i searched for lik hours , i love you guys, i really do :)
Answer
+5
moins plus
yes resetting the ps3 does the trick but still it gives another problem while solving the first......i had this 2 times and when i reset my ps3 all the games that had trophies were somehow not working after the reset........all my saved games were useless as i had to create a new user to install new trophy set for the games................all i want to say is that while resetting the ps3, all games that have a trophy set are unable to play........................how can i solve this problem............because of this i think a million times before resetting my ps3.................plzzz help any1

Answer
+4
moins plus
can u help me out plz
i connectd my ps3 usin a hdmi cable on a hd tv but now i havnt got the hdmi cable or a hd tv i jus got a normal tv i tried using the yellow white n red cables but the is no image can u help me out plz with some advice thnxz

zac- Nov 23, 2009 05:08AM
Ray go into ur ps3 settings. and go to the one that says display setting right!
no u got the ps3 set on hdmi u wanna change that to red yellow white cables ok?
IM not the best explainer! but i think u will understand me if u flik through the settings a bit ad u change it back to the other obe =]
zac- Nov 23, 2009 05:10AM
The setting is the Component / D-terminal settong i hope u enjoy playin ps3
Zac
Joshua- Nov 26, 2009 09:47AM
I understand this but the bad part is that neither of us can see an image on our tv right now. We have to do this like we are blind.
Answer
+1
moins plus
Nevermind.. i figured out how to do it , and for anyone that doesnt know

you hold down the button from standy by (red light) until it beeps

madjack- Jun 4, 2010 02:56PM
legend :o)
desperate3- Sep 12, 2010 09:33PM
genius
Answer
+1
moins plus
i am play the game i left 15 on wane came back it not working tell about

Answer
+0
moins plus
Its better you call invision!

Answer
+0
moins plus
yer i went to my friends house tto show them a derail glitch on ps3 but had to put a HDMI cable in the back and it came up with a thingy saying do you want to continue in HDMI mode and i had no choice but to say yes and i woke up in the mornen and went to play mw2 and i had no signal. so people that have an answer or any ideas plz say so

Answer
+0
moins plus
This did help. Thanks to the writer

Answer
+0
moins plus
thank u soo much u are a genius

1 2 Next
This document entitled « ps3 and hdmi cable » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.