Folders Missing

Closed
Bijoy - Oct 22, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Oct 22, 2015 at 05:07 AM
Hello,
My 1tb hard disk when i plugged in, few of folders can use as usual and few my important folders were showing as "Location is not available the file or directory is corrupted" .. later when it shows like just 0byte file. Can i get it back? m really fall apart..disappointed..

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Oct 22, 2015 at 05:07 AM
Hey there, Bijoy.

Try the drive with a different computer and a different USB cable (preferably shorter than 12") to see if the same thing happens. I'd recommend that you backup all the data you have access to ASAP. After that I'd suggest that you try accessing the HDD via Ubuntu Live USB/DVD, to see if the drive is properly recognized and if you can get to your data. You can also try with data recovery software as well. If you manage to backup all your files, go ahead and download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostics tool and test the drive, to see what's the situation with it.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD