Digital media device usb not recognized

Closed
ernie_othib Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 29, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2015 - Nov 29, 2015 at 12:22 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 30, 2015 at 03:19 AM
I just got an mp3 player as my birthday gift. It worked normally just for a few weeks. When i connected it to my asus laptop, it said "usb not recognized" or something like that.
But today, i tried reconnecting it and it did show light, a light when the device has been connected or charged. But in laptop, it didn't seem like that mp3 player has been connected. I mean, there was nothing shown in it. What should i do? Somebody please help... It is kinda sentimental value since it was from my late brother and i want it work normally..
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 30, 2015 at 03:19 AM
Hi Ernie_othib,

I would recommend you to open Disk Management and check if the drive appears there. Does it have a drive letter? If the drive is missing, open Device Manager and search for it under USB devices. Uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the device back in. I would recommend you to try it on another PC and with another USB cable (if it uses an USB cable to connect). Does the MP3 come with some kind of an installation CD?

Hope this helps