Ask a question Report

Low sound volume [Solved/Closed]

JuliaNell - Latest answer on Dec 7, 2012 06:09AM
Hi there, I think i have a problem with my sound card, my PC volume is quite low and im sure it has nothing to do with the speakers because they are new. I checked my volume options and their on maximum. Is there a virus making my PC sound low?
Read more 
moins plus

In windows7 go to Sounds>goto Playback>
Pick speakers as output device
Goto Properties>At Levels check if is set at 100%>
Goto Enhancments>enable Loudness Equalisation>
Should be much louder now...

For little further enhancment ,
and If you have HD realtek soundmanager (R2.37) in your Control
try a equalizer setting like Classic

Hope this helped,

T-Bone- Oct 31, 2012 11:46AM
You can actually fix a lot of problems with volume by returning your speakers to the default settings. As many others have noted, enhancements actually reduce volume, especially the vocal option.
In Realtek HD Audio Manager, choose Speakers, Default Format tab, and click the button that looks like an eraser (Restore Defaults). This increased my laptop headphone volume dramatically.
DAve- Nov 6, 2012 10:53PM
When I get to Enhancement tag, all I can see is a blank check box that says disable all sound effects. What can I do?
israel- Nov 11, 2012 08:32AM
btw - i found BS.player have inside amp on the equalizer option.
clubhub- Nov 28, 2012 10:31PM
worked great thank you!!!
Ayman Farag- Dec 7, 2012 06:09AM
thank you very much. it was really helpful
moins plus
My computer suddenly got this low sound -problem and I tried literally everything to bring the sound levels back to normal. Then I noticed that (for some very mystic and strange reason) the sound levels were normal if I plugged my speakers in the front jack of the computer and something in the rear jack. Now I keep broken headphones in the rear jack to keep the problem away. Strange, but it works for me.

moins plus
I have the same problem.. i used the same drivers,, even i download the sound driver in the manufacturers website, one thing i observe when i install windows xp volume is much higher than windows 7.

i tried 2 laptops acer aspire a one, Windows XP & windows 7 installed and iwas correct volume i higher than windows 7..

Anyone knows how to resolve this case?

moins plus
Just reinstall the sound drivers with the cd...

gail- Nov 20, 2009 12:27PM
We have the same problem, whats the name of the cd do you need to use?
adad- Dec 11, 2009 10:42AM
i too have the same problem in ma leaptop after windows 7 was installed.. what to do??
moins plus
hi..would u help in solving my pc is semens fujutsu..the sound is low when i play something but it does well when i use the headset.
thank u

moins plus
Thats dude... wonderful!!

yea Front jacks works while rear doesnt.. peculiar though..!

moins plus
right-click on the small speaker in the taskbar and select Adjust Audio Properties.
under the Volume tab, click on Advance.
there, you will find a lot of volume controls

This document entitled « low sound volume » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.