In this article we will show you how to normalize audio tracks without clipping in order to fix inconsistent volume levels between music tracks or fix distorted audio.
How do you normalize volume in MP3Gain?
Download and install MP3Gain.
- Load your music files.
- Set the Target "Normal" volume to 94dB.
- Click on Track Analysis.
How to remove distortion from your audio tracks?
Clipping may sometimes result in a lower quality music (often unpleasant to listen). How to avoid it.
- Applying gains without clipping: Try to reduce the gain applied to audio tracks containing distortions by 1-4 levels.
|(93,7dB) Stable Gain||(99,7dB) Distortion, Clipping required|
- If the volume of a music track is too low, try to raise it to the "Normal" volume (Volume +/- 94dB).
- In some situations, lowering the volume level of a music track will remove distortions from the latter (no clipping).
Sort tracks by highest volume
- Once the scan is complete, click the Volume tab.
- The track with the highest volume will be listed at the top. It is easier to proceed this way.
Tracks requiring clipping will have a red Y displayed in the Clipping column. Start by removing tracks that don't require clipping and having a track gain of 0.0.
How to select the music tracks you want to normalize?
PS: Do not select the tracks that require clipping. We'll deal with them later!
- While holding the CTRL key down, select the music tracks.
- Right click> Apply track gain
- Once you have applied the gain you can remove these files from the list.
- Now we need to work on the files requiring clipping.
- We will first reduce the Target "Normal" volume to 93dB.
- Remove tracks already at 93db and requiring no clipping.
- Select the rest of the tracks and click on Track Gain.
- You can try lower the volume level if required (-3.0 from the target normal volume)
- Tracks with a volume lower than 90dB (requiring clipping) are normally of bad quality.
- Mp3 normalize volume
- Mp3 file repair > Guide
- Open mp3 file > Guide
- How to send mp3 file on instagram dm [solved] > Forum - Instagram
- Automatically Rename Music Files on Windows Media Player
- MP3 player not showing up on computer (Windows 10) > Guide
- M3U to MP3: online, converter online, free
- How to record a new track in Audacity whilst listening
- Winamp language pack: Russian, German, Italian, Español
- Headphones not working on laptop: Windows 11, Windows 10
- How to convert DTS sound to AC3 in MKV
- Where to listen to free MP3 music legally?
- Winamp radio stations: online, download, streaming
- Convert CDA to MP3: iTunes, for free, on Mac
- How to save audio on PC: with Audacity, Windows 10
- Christmas music: YouTube, radio, free download, streaming
- How to change language in Audacity
- Where to download copyright free music?
- How to use AIMP auto equalizer preset
- How to remove audio parts in Audacity
- How to transfer music from iPod: to computer, to Mac, free
- Enable Audacity's Sound Activated Recording
- Create a Virtual DJ playlist
- What is Amazon Music HD: review, price, quality
- Mobile phone audio formats
- How to capture audio in KMPlayer
- How to make virtual Beatbox online
- The best DAW and music production software