Laptop connected to WiFi won't let me open websites

Closed
Laura - Sep 23, 2016 at 05:59 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 25, 2016 at 01:56 PM
Hello,
I have Lenovo laptop and I've had it for a good three years. The other day i started it up after shutting it down the previous night, and open up chrome. I can open websites such as YouTube, Tumblr, and various other random websites. I tried to get an article on WikiHow up, and after several seconds of loading , a message showed up saying that the window took to long to load and it had stopped the process of loading it. It has a blue refesh button beneath it that doesn't make it load either. I tried using Firefox and Internet Explorer yet the same message comes up for whatever website I try to load. This is very inconvenient as most of my work is online, and I am unable to access it. I can't even Google whats going on, or how to fix it!! It has nothing to do with my actual WiFi, as my family's computers and my smartphone ( that I'm using to write this) work fine with it. Please let me know if there's any way to fix this, or if anybody is having the same issue with their laptops. Thank you :)

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 25, 2016 at 01:56 PM
Did you try restoring the laptop to a checkpoint from a time before the problem? You might be infected with some malware at this point.

Good Luck