Whilst a considerable amount of the global population was confined during the Coronavirus pandemic, being able to cut your own hair at home became necessary skill. Although you may no longer be confined at home, cutting your hair yourself could help you save a little money. In this article we have curated a few of the best tutorials for DIY haircuts, for different lengths, styles and colourations.
Where to find hairstyle inspiration?
Pinterest is a great source of inspiration for many things, and it is absolutely perfect for checking out different hairstyles. You will find hundreds of pictures of Women’s Hairstyles and the latest Mens Hair Trends. Also, you can check out the Haircut Inspiration website for Men and for Women.
What are the best virtual hairstyling apps?
Before you get started with any tutorials, you may want to virtually try out a haircut, or hair colour. With these two Oréal Professional apps, users can virtually style and dye their hair - without any commitment. Browse through countless haircuts, hair styles and hair colours to find the one best suited to you.
Style My Hair
Garnier Colour Match allows you to virtually try on different hair colours in real time. You can access it online and upload a photo or use your webcam. Alternatively you can download it for Android and iOS.
Haircuts for women
Here are a selection of YouTube haircut tutorials for Women, or just for long hair. There are links to the specific tutorials, and also their respective channels, because a number of these accounts have more than one tutorial available to watch.
If you are in quarantine on your own, most of these are designed to be done on yourself. But if you are fortunate to be confined with someone else, some of these haircuts may be easier with an extra pair of hands!
- Hairdressers guide on cutting hair at home with Brad Mondo.
- How to cut layers in long hair by StyleSuzi
- How to cut a side swept fringe by Rosebud
- How to cut soft long layers by Ellebangs
- How to trim dead ends by Carli Bybel
- How to cut a long bob by Patry Jordan English
- How to cut a short bob by Shopstyleconquer
- A general selection of different hairstyles by Fashionistas
Haircuts for men
Generally Men have shorter hair than women, and as such, the following selection of DIY hairstyles for men is catered around shorter hair, and anything above shoulder length. For longer hairstyles you can see some of the above tutorials for cutting, trimming and texturing longer hair.
- General guide on how to cut your own hair at home by Alpha M
- Mid length hair tutorial and Fade by Tips for Clips.
Haircuts for children
If you have children at home during the quarantine, you may also be looking for helpful tutorials for cutting your children's hair. This could possibly be easier than cutting your own hair, but only if they sit still!
Now that you’ve cut your hair, you may be tempted to dye it. If you want to test out a new colour, you can use one of the virtual hairstyling apps mentioned above to get an idea of what a specific hair colour would look like on you.
If you are looking for something less permanent, Good Dye Young offers vegan and cruelty free, semi-permanent hair dye that will last 4-6 weeks (the perfect amount of time for a global quarantine!). There are a number of tutorials on their YouTube channel.
Hopefully you will have been able to find inspiration for your next haircut and are going to have a go at cutting your own hair! Good luck!
- Brad mondo
- Great clips barber
- Mens haircuts
- Xvideoservicethief tutorial video converter online > Forum - Video software
- What is the best video converter for Mac? > Forum - Software
- Pokemon unbound download tutorial > Download
- Video tutorial; > Forum - Windows
- Free video converter for ipod on mac [solved] > Forum - MacOS
- Can I read news on Kindle?
- Waze settings: iPhone, fastest route, menu, Android
- Top money earning apps 2022: real, without investment
- Best apps to cancel your subscriptions
- The best religious apps: free, for Android, for iPhone
- Create free Christmas photo cards: apps, frames, templates
- Badoo sign up: download, code, in English
- The best dating apps: free, for relationships (2022)
- Top neobanks in 2022: secure, reliable, quick
- The best baby apps of 2022 for new parents
- How to close a Paypal account
- The best apps to fulfil New Year's resolutions
- Covid travel restrictions: UK, USA, Canada
- How to start trading stocks online: for beginners
- Best Speech-to-Text app: for Android, iPhone
- How to scan a QR code: on iPhone, Android, from picture
- How to generate a QR code: for free, for your website
- Top parental control apps: for iPhone, Android, PC
- Apps to transfer money internationally: no fee, quickly
- Best online learning platforms: for adults, kids, free
- Top personal safety apps (2022): for Android, iPhone
- How to see and track the ISS: from home, with apps
- The best crypto exchange apps
- Top education apps for kids
- The best grammar checking solutions
- All about the Venmo credit card: how to get it, features
- Apps to learn languages: free, offline, fast
- Top cooking apps: for beginners and amateur cooks
- Free Dictionary download: for Android, mobile, iOS
- How to turn your old cell phone into a security camera?
- Where to download ebooks and audiobooks: for free, on PC
- Best crypto wallets: app, for NFT, Android
- Things to do at home: online, with friends, by yourself
- How to do KYC verification on Paytm
- Budgeting apps: free, for couples, for students
- How to adopt a pet: useful websites and apps
- What is HDFC bank phone number: account information
- How to track Aadhaar card usage history
- Best fashion apps: shopping, clothing, ideas