In this article we will answer the question: how do you scan a QR code. Here's how to scan QR codes, whether you have an Android or iOS operating system.
What is a QR code?
A QR code is a kind of square-shaped barcode that stores information. QR stands for Quick Response. With your mobile phone, you can scan them and thus access the information they contain. To do this, you need an internet connection, as they will usually refer you to a link or file.
Although you can find these types of codes on screens (for example, to enter WhatsApp Web, you will see a QR code on your computer screen that you will have to scan with your mobile), you will also find them in physical format in an endless number of places.
What about QR reading apps?
Due to lack of information, many people download external programs to read this type of code, not knowing that on the one hand it is unnecessary and on the other, it can even be dangerous, since many of these applications are not reliable and end up installing viruses on your device.
For this reason, we recommend that you use the pre-existing options on your phone. Depending on whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone the process varies slightly. Here's how to scan QR code on phone with each operating system.
How to scan QR code on Android?
Many Android telephone manufacturers now have the option of reading QR codes using their cameras. Among them, Samsung, Huawei and Honor. So before you start downloading external apps, we recommend you investigate the camera options on your Android phone, especially if it's the latest generation.
You can scan a QR code on Android with the Google Lens app. Google Lens is a recognition app with which you can point to any object and the search engine AI will give you all the related information stored in its massive archive. this application also enables you to read any QR code.
To do so, just open Lens and point your mobile phone at the code and the app will read it to you. In case the code is on your phone's screen, take a screenshot, open Lens and enter the photo gallery. Select the screenshot and voilà.
An even simpler option is to have Google Assistant read the code. To do so, start Assistant by saying aloud 'Ok, Google', point to the code and ask the assistant 'What's on my screen?’.
Note: Admittedly, Lens is an external application but it belongs to a company as reliable as Google and it also works for many other functions, so it's worth it, isn't it?
How to scan QR code on iPhone?
How do I scan a QR code with my iPhone? If you thought it was easy with Android, it's even easier with iOS: Apple included QR code recognition in iOS for both iPhone, iPod, and iPad. To identify and read these codes, simply open your phone's camera, focus directly on the QR you want to open, and you'll see the content appear at the top of your screen. Click on it and it will take you to the full QR information.
It couldn't be easier, could it? If you’d like to generate your own QR code, read this article on how to generate a QR code.
- 192.168.43.1.33455 qr code
- How to scan qr code
- Scan qr code android
- Phone xender won't connect to my PC [solved] > Forum - Android
- Unable to open the page 192.168.1.1 > Forum - WiFi
- 192.168.o.1.1 tp link [solved] > Forum - Network
- 192.168.0.1 not working > Guide
- 192.168 o 1.1 not working > Guide
- Waze settings: iPhone, fastest route, menu, Android
- The best religious apps: free, for Android, for iPhone
- The best dating apps: for 2022, free, for relationships
- Best apps to cancel your subscriptions
- Generate a QR code: free, for URL
- Parental control apps: for iPhone, Android, PC
- The best baby apps of 2022 for new parents
- Apps to transfer money internationally: no fee, quickly
- Personal safety apps: for Android, for phones, 2022
- Best crypto wallets: app, for NFT, Android
- Cooking apps 2022: for beginners, iPhone, Android
- The best apps to fulfil New Year's resolutions
- Apps for meditation: free, for anxiety, for sleep
- Where to download ebooks and audiobooks: for free, on PC
- Top neobanks in 2022: secure, reliable, quick
- Top money earning apps 2022: real, without investment
- Budgeting apps: free, for couples, for students
- Apps to learn languages: free, offline, fast