Doing calculations and settling regular records in Microsoft can be done by formulas in the Excel Office software. Sending values of a cell in Excel to target can be performed by column value copy and paste value to the target cell. In this article we will analyse a problem related to it.
Is it possible to send the value of a cell (copy and paste special) to another cell where the value would not be disturbed when the source value changes to '0'?
My payroll calculator summary worksheet gets information from other worksheets each week within the Excel file and calculates the current week's payroll. The previous week had values, but now, during the current week, the cells for the previous week are 0.
My goal is to retain the previous week's values in another cell array so that I may have a running total for the month.
A3 has the formula:
=IF(A3='Payroll Calculator'!M2,VLOOKUP(H1,'Payroll Calculator'!$B$3:$M$28,8,FALSE),0)
That value needs to be posted to K3 but only if more than '0'. If A3 returns a value of '0' then any value greater than '0' that was previously posted in K3 would be left alone.
I have been easily doing this manually by simply copying the values that I want to save, then using the 'paste special' command and choosing 'values', pasted to the target. The 'skip blanks' does nothing. The macro:
Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ' Range("C3").Select ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 10 Range("C3:I52").Select Selection.Copy Range("K3").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ True, Transpose:=False Range("K3").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub
It overwrites the previous weeks' values with zeros whether I choose skip blanks or not.
I am working with the array A3:I54 and wish to copy and paste any values greater than '0' to K3:Q54 retaining any values that were previously posted in K3:Q54 that are greater than '0'.
This will compare column A with what is currently in column K...
A1 compares the value in K1 A2 compares the value in K2 etc.
If column A is zero and column K is greater than zero, then keep the value in column K. Otherwise copy the value in column A to column K.
Sub Macro1() Dim j j = 3 Do Until Range("A" & j) = "" If Range("A" & j) = 0 Then Range("K" & j) = Range("K" & j) Else Range("K" & j) = Range("A" & j) End If j = j + 1 Loop End Sub
To add multiple columns, make the macro look like "C:K":
Sub Macro1() Dim j j = 3 Do Until Range("C" & j) = "" If Range("C" & j) = 0 Then Range("K" & j) = Range("K" & j) Else Range("K" & j) = Range("C" & j) End If If Range("D" & j) = 0 Then Range("L" & j) = Range("L" & j) Else Range("L" & j) = Range("D" & j) End If If Range("E" & j) = 0 Then Range("M" & j) = Range("M" & j) Else Range("M" & j) = Range("E" & j) End If If Range("F" & j) = 0 Then Range("N" & j) = Range("N" & j) Else Range("N" & j) = Range("F" & j) End If If Range("G" & j) = 0 Then Range("O" & j) = Range("O" & j) Else Range("O" & j) = Range("G" & j) End If If Range("H" & j) = 0 Then Range("P" & j) = Range("P" & j) Else Range("P" & j) = Range("H" & j) End If If Range("I" & j) = 0 Then Range("Q" & j) = Range("Q" & j) Else Range("Q" & j) = Range("I" & j) End If j = j + 1 Loop End Sub
- Excel push value to another cell
- Excel set value of another cell
- Excel assign value to cell from another cell
- Send email when a cell changed in excel > Forum - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting if another cell contains specific text [solved] > Forum - Excel
- If a cell contains any text then add a value [solved] > Forum - Excel
- Auto Filter depending on Cell Value [solved] > Forum - Excel
- Highlight cell if another cell contains any text [solved] > Forum - Excel
- Change date format in Excel: to dd/mm/yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy
- Copy data from one excel sheet to another: automatically
- Fix arrows keys in Excel: Scroll lock, alternative method
- How to take screenshot in Excel: shortcut, sheet, cell
- How to apply a function to multiple sheets on Excel
- Convert numbers to words in Excel: without VBA, formula
- How to change author name in Excel: spreadsheet, VBA
- How many IF statements can you nest in Excel
- How to use Excel color cell if formula
- How to display multiple columns in a validation list
- How to use an IF statement to add 1 to total
- How to perform a partial cell match in Excel?
- How to run macro when data entered in a cell
- Check if a value exists in an array VBA
- Search and find using VBA in Excel
- VBA select case like: operator, string, statement
- What is the VBA code to select last sheet in workbook
- VBA Excel color codes: index number, list
- How to insert file path in excel: cell, sheet
- How to disable auto recover in Excel
- How to enable VBA in Excel: Mac, Office 365
- How combine IF function, SEARCH and ISERROR in Excel
- How to enter multiple lines in a single Excel cell
- How to insert GIF in Excel: 365, sheet, VBA
- How to count names in Excel: formula, using COUNTIF
- Open and convert an Excel file in Notepad
- Repeat rows in Excel: based on cell value, VBA
- How to automatically transfer data between sheets in Excel
- How to manipulate data in Excel: VBA
- How to copy a Macro into a blank cell
- Insert a hyperlink in Excel: with text, to another tab
- Recover Excel file: previous version
- Run macro on opening: worksheet, workbook
- How to transfer data from one Excel sheet to another?
- Most useful Excel formulas: for data analysis
- Recalculate Excel Workbook Before Saving
- How to apply if function in Excel: with dates, with text
- Select the default number of processors in Excel
- Insert picture in Excel: cell, shortcut, using formula
- How to add sheet to workbook: VBA, Excel
- Unlock password protected Excel file: Macro
- Excel functions in French
- How to create a cascading combo box: Excel, VBA
- How to create calculator in Excel VBA
- Excel export data: from one sheet to another
- How to add a number of days to a date in Excel
- How to fill multiple Excel sheets from master sheet
- How to copy data to another workbook: using VBA
- Transfer Excel data from one sheet to another: VBA
- Excel VBA add command button programatically
- How to change a column to numeric in Excel?
- Mark sheet grade formula in Excel: template
- How to connect VB 6.0 with MS Access
- How to remove leading apostrophe in Excel
- How to create UserForm: in Excel, VBA
- Select empty cell in Excel: VBA
- Using VBA to find last non empty row: in column, in table
- How to show or hide formula bar in Excel: VBA, shortcut
- How to change enter key function in Excel
- How to use Excel auto numbering formula
- Conditional formatting with dates: in Excel
- How to calculate VAT in Excel: formula
- Transfer a worksheet to another Excel workbook: without VBA
- Delete duplicates in Excel: column, formula
- Send email with attachment Excel: VBA, macros
- How to Insert a Transparent Image into an Excel Document
- Compare two Excel sheets: and combine data
- Copy data from one Excel workbook to another
- Auto generate serial number in Excel: VBA, formula
- How to generate email notifications for Excel updates
- How to create a drop-down List in Excel
- Split a workbook into individual files in Excel
- How to insert blank rows using macros in Excel
- Run Macros in Excel: online, shortcuts, VBA
- How to clear formatting in Excel
- Insert an image into an Excel comment box
- Credit summation formula
- Create new sheet based on cell value: Excel, macro
- How to insert multiple rows in Excel with a macro?
- How to change Excel date format
- How to create a timer in Excel VBA
- How to use conditional formatting in Excel
- How to count occurrences of characters and numbers in Excel
- Shortcuts to insert in Excel
- How to copy data to multiple worksheets in Excel
- Excel IF, AND, OR, and NOT functions
- Create a new workbook and copy data in Excel via a Macro
- Update dates in Excel spreadsheet: each year, formula
- How to change row color in Excel VBA based on value