When you open an Excel spreadsheet, by default the columns are indexed by letters. However if you'd like to change the format and have the index in numbers, follow the step-by-step guide below.
How to change Excel column index from letter to number?
- Open your spreadsheet.
- Click on the orb button.
- Click on Excel Options and move to the Formula tab.
- Go to the Working with formulas section.
- Check the R1C1 reference style. Note : Upon hovering your mouse cursor on it, you shall get all the information about this feature.
- Click on OK.
Do you need more help with Excel? Check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Excel change columns to numbers
- How to change column number in excel
- How to change excel columns to numbers
- How to change date format in excel > Guide
- How to change author in excel > Guide
- Convert numbers to words in excel > Guide
- Transfer data from one excel worksheet to another automatically > Guide
- How to change close friends story to public > Instagram Forum