This FAQ will walk you through how to recover your files on a USB drive that has hidden them.
How to access files on a USB flash drive that won't open?
- Open a new text document in your flash drive, and enter the following code into the text document:
@echo off attrib -s -h -r /s /d cls exit
- Go to File > Save as, and save the document as unhide.bat.
- Close and delete the text document that you've just created. Double-click the unhide.bat batch file. A black command screen will pop up and close on its own.
You should now be able to access your files on the pen drive.
How to fix a corrupt USB flash drive to recover files?
If you still cannot access them, it may be because your USB drive has been corrupted or infected with a virus. To repair any damage done, you can try to run chkdsk.
- To do so, press the Windows Key + X. Next, in the Power Users menu, select the Command Prompt option. Click Yes in the window that pops up.
- In the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x (replacing E with your drive letter), then press the Enter key.
- Cannot open files on usb flash drive on mac
- Usb drive won't open
- Flash drive won't open
- I can't open my flash drive files [solved] > Forum - Hardware
- I can't open my Flash drive. [solved] > Forum - Hardware
- USB flash drive won't open any of it's files [solved] > Forum - Hardware
- My videos does not play when i store them in my usb flash drive [solved] > Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- Cannot delete files from my USB memory stick [solved] > Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- Remove write protection: from USB, SD card, hard drive
- Connect two computers: with USB cable, ethernet, WiFi
- USB drive showing shortcuts only
- Create a bootable USB drive
- How to format USB drive: Mac, Windows, Ubuntu
- Update PS4 with a USB
- USB Flash drive not detected: in Windows, Mac
- Enable and Disable USB Ports
- Customize USB drive wallpaper on Windows 7
- Add a high speed USB host controller
- Clean out the USB port: phone, laptop, PS4