If you're having problems accessing your files and folders upon opening your USB key and only the shortcuts are being displayed, you should check whether the files are in hidden mode. Read on for the solution to this problem.
How to fix a USB key that shows shortcuts only?
The first thing to do is to check for files in hidden mode on the USB, especially if you haven't formatted your flash drive. Follow these steps:
- Click on the below link and download the file AutorunExterminator.
- Extract it and double-click on "Autorun Exterminator", then plug your pen drive.
- This will remove the autorun.inf files from your pen drive and also from drives.
- Click on Start, then Run, and type cmd then click on OK.
- Let's assume your pen drive letter as G - enter this command: attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* but replace the letter G with the letter of your pen drive.
- You can also just copy and paste the above command.
- Now press Enter.
- Now check for your files in Pen Drive.
- After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Update it and perform "Full Scan".
Note: The default selected option is "Quick Scan".
- Usb showing shortcuts only
- Usb drive shortcut
- My flash drive is showing shortcuts
- Pendrive shows only shortcuts [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- Automatically USB drive shortcut in folder [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- Shortcut virus on flash drive [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- All the folder in my pendrive become shortcut [solved] > Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- How to remove write protection on usb drive > Guide
- Cannot open files on USB flash drive: how to access them
- Connect two computers: with USB cable, ethernet, WiFi
- Create a bootable USB drive
- How to format USB drive: Mac, Windows, Ubuntu
- Update PS4 with a USB
- USB Flash drive not detected: in Windows, Mac
- Enable and Disable USB Ports
- Customize USB drive wallpaper on Windows 7
- Add a high speed USB host controller
- Clean out the USB port: phone, laptop, PS4