The Send To menu comes in handy when you need to transfer files to a USB key, sync documents online, burn content to a DVD, or simply share files by email. This guide will show you how to add items or locations to the Send To menu.
How to add items to the Send To menu?
Click on Start > File Explorer. Click on the View tab > Show/Hide and tick the Hidden Items checkbox to enable the display of hidden files and folder.
Next, navigate to: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo.
This folder contains all the programs associated with the Send To menu. To add a new program to the list, you simply have to drag its launcher (program_name.exe) to the Send To folder:
How to display the Extended Send To menu?
There's also an Extended Send To menu, which gives you access to additional options. This menu can be triggered by holding down the Shift key (modifier) while opening the Send To menu.
Here's an example of the Extended Send To menu:
- "windows 10"
- Windows 8.1 - How to customize the Power User Menu
- How To Add the Run Command to the Start Menu in Windows
- How to Add the Menu Bar in Windows Explorer on Windows 7
- Send PC to PC Messages on a Local Network
- CMD prompt to send messages [solved] > Forum - Network
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO