With Windows 10 you can read, write and send SMS to an Android smartphone for free. This solution allows you to sync Windows 10 and an Android phone, so you can share photos, receive notifications and manage SMS from your PC.
How to install the Sync application on your smartphone?
On your Android, download the Your Phone Companion – Windows Sync application. This is the official Microsoft app for linking your Android phone to your PC.
Install the application on your phone: accept the permissions requested by Microsoft, then connect to your Microsoft account when prompted by the application.
Note: To manage SMS, the Companion application requires Android 7.0 or version higher.
How to install the Your Phone application on Your PC?
Microsoft's Your Phone application is integrated into Windows 10 and to send text messages from your PC you just need to set up the application. Look for by typing Your Phone in the Search bar.
Launch the application and select your phone's operating system (Android), then click Let's get started. Next, connect to your Microsoft account so the application can automatically link your Android to your PC.
How to enable SMS management from Windows 10?
Once your devices are paired, the application will display the message "Your phone is paired" on your PC. You can now activate the reading and sending of SMS from your PC. To do this, click on the Settings button in the lower-left corner of the application window.
In the Active Messages section, allow this application to display text messages from my phone. You can also allow the display of photos and notifications from your phone.
Among the options available in the Messages section, you can also configure the sending of MMS, the display of notification banners upon receipt of SMS, and the Taskbar Alert.
Once you have defined these settings, the configuration is complete. You will be able to manage your text messages directly from your computer by using the Messages menu in the left column of the application.
For more information, visit the Microsoft help page dedicated to the Your Phone application.
- "windows 10"
- Send PC to PC Messages on a Local Network
- CMD prompt to send messages [solved] > Forum - Network
- HOW TO SEND MESSAGE ON LAN [solved] > Forum - Network
- How to send Message to Another computer [solved] > Forum - Programming
- How to send a message request on instagram > Guide
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO