You've just noticed, thanks to your antivirus that you had many files that were still in $RECYCLE.BIN on Windows 10. Continue reading this article to discover how to gain access and delete the files that are in there.
How to delete files in C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\?
1) Go to C:\
2) Press the "Alt" key and a menubar should appear at the top of the page.
3) Click on Tools and then go to Folder Options.
4) Then click on the second tab at the top next to Display.
5) Check "Show hidden files and folders" then uncheck "Hide protected the operating system files (recommended)"
6) The file "$ RECYCLE.BIN" should appear at the top.
7) Open it and clear the items of your choice
8) You can then restore the hidden files to their default state.
- $recycle.bin folder
- How to gain access to some $recycle bin folders? > Forum - System software
- Where is the trash bin in Gmail? [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- WD external hardisk is showing Access denied > Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Modify the Delete option of the Recycle bin
- Recycle Bin – Deleted items are permanently removed automaticall
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO