You want to create an installation DVD or USB key for Windows 10? Here are some tips on how to get your free copy of Windows 10.
What are the prerequisites for creating a Windows 10 bootable USB or DVD?
You will need a computer running a legal copy of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 to benefit from the free Windows 10 upgrade. A valid Windows product key is required for the activation of the new OS.
An Internet connection (preferably WiFi) is required for the download and installation of Windows 10.
Make sure that you have enough free space on your PC to store the Windows 10 installation file (Media Creation Tool) which is available for download on Microsoft website.
Finally, you will need a DVD-Rom or a USB stick (at least 4 GB).
How to do it via the Media Creation Tool?
The process of upgrading your system or creating a Windows 10 installation DVD/USB has been simplified thanks to the Media Creation Tool, which already contains the necessary installation files for the different editions of new OS.
You simply have to download the correct version of the Media Creation Tool based on the system type of the host PC (32-bit or 64-bit operating system) and from there you can either upgrade your current system or create a Windows 10 installation DVD/USB.
No third party software is required, simply launch the Media Creation Tool (as administrator), select the Upgrade this PC now or Create installation media for another PC wizard and follow the onscreen instructions.
This table will help you to choose the correct version of Windows 10 based on your current OS:
|Windows 10 Home||Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, and Windows 8/8.1|
|Windows 10 Pro||Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 8/8.1 Professional with Media Center|
|Windows 10 Home Single Language||Windows 8/8.1 Single Language|
- Create a Bootable USB Drive
- How To Create a System Repair USB Tool for Windows 7
- Repairing windows xp using bootable usb [solved] > Forum - Windows XP
- HOW TO CREATE BOOTABLE USB FOR WINDOWS XP [solved] > Forum - Windows XP
- Disable the Sound Notification When Connecting USB Device to Your PC in Windows 8.1
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10