If you've bought a computer with the pre-installed Windows 10 OS and want to upgrade from the Home version to the Pro version, read our article. You will learn how to do it and access more features to get the most out of your PC.
Why do you need to upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Pro?
If you've bought a PC with Windows 10 pre-installed, you can upgrade it to the Pro version. This will give you additional features, such as Remote Desktop server access, BitLocker disk encryption, control over the updates, and much more. Here's the list of the top features you'll get upgrading your OS.
- BitLocker device encryption
- Remote Desktop Connection
- Client Hyper-V
- Windows Information Protection (WIP)
- Mobile device management, assigned access, kiosk mode setup, and many more business management and deployment features.
How to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro?
- To upgrade your Windows 10 PC from Home to Pro, go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
- Check if you have an old product key from Windows Pro (7, 8, 8.1, for example). These keys can be reused and can help you save the fee of around $99. Otherwise, you can buy a new one by clicking on the Go To The Store link and purchasing an upgrade. After you've made a purchase, follow the on-screen instructions.
- With an old key: Click on the Change Product Key link and enter the key. Then, follow the prompts to upgrade.
- Once the process is completed, your PC should reboot automatically.