The fact that Windows 10 doesn't provide any built-in option to change default search engine of Cortana led many people into thinking that the intelligent personal assistant works exclusively with Bing. Fortunately, there's a simple workaround that will allow users to change this setting. Here are the instructions on how to change the default search engine of Cortana and Windows Search.
Set Your Default Web Browser
Open the Start menu and head to Settings > System > Default apps > Web browser:
Choose your default web browser from the list (Firefox or Google Chrome).
Change Cortana's Default Search Engine with Firefox
Open Firefox, click on the Menu button > Options. Go to the Search section and select your default search engine (e.g. Google). Tick the Use this search engine for searches from Windows checkbox and close the Options menu.
That's it; Cortana and Firefox will now share the same search settings.
Change Cortana's Default Search Engine with Google Chrome
Open Google Chrome and get the Bing2google extension from the Chrome Webstore. Once installed, all the web searches made with Cortana or Windows Search will be redirected to Google:
If you would like to use a search engine other than Google, get the Chrometana extension instead. It will allow you to set up and use the search engine of your selection.
- How to change default search engine in google chrome
- Change cortana browser
- Change default search engine windows
- How to change default search engine: Opera > Guide
- Maxthon - Change the default search engine
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 - Change the default search engine
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop > Guide
- How to get the google tools (the wrench icon) on my google home [solved] > Forum - Google Chrome
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Where apps are stored on Windows 10?
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- PC restarting on its own: Windows 10, 11
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Show hidden files on Windows 10: via cmd, shortcut
- How to turn on and use Wake on LAN on a PC?
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- Permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
- How to disable volume shadow copy?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Update to Windows 10 for free
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Windows calendar show week number
- Speed up Windows 10 computer performance
- How to increase your PC hard disk space?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- Play music on computer startup: Windows 10, Windows 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to right click on touch screen: Windows 10, monitor
- Asus smart gesture not working: after Windows 10 update
- Disable Ctfmon.exe at startup on Windows 10
- Fix touchpad on Windows 10: disabled, incompatible driver
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Pagefile.sys file: purpose, size, location
- How to activate a pirated version of Windows?
- How to change the installation location on Windows 7, 10, 11
- How to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 via cmd?
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to set up the phone companion app in Windows 10?
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Install RSync under Windows: cygwin, powershell
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Mount ISO files: Windows 10
- Windows 10: Home Vs Pro
- How to display Windows 10 update in Control Panel?
- Best Windows 10 browser: 2022, for privacy
- How to boot in safe mode in Windows 8, 10?
- How to switch graphics processor on Windows 10
- How to hide desktop icons on Windows 10?
- Take photos with your webcam on Windows 7, 10
- How to open the Windows 10 registry via cmd
- USB not recognized: Windows 10 fix
- How to turn off Taskbar Tidbits in Windows 10
- How to use Cortana in Windows 10
- How to enable classic notifications in Windows 10
- How to create a desktop shortcut for Cortana: WIndows 10
- How to record screen: Windows 11, 10
- How to uninstall Microsoft Edge on Windows 10