GoldenDict is a virtual dictionary. It has many useful features including a search engine that makes it easy to find descriptions for specific words. It also has a user-friendly interface, it is very simple to use.
- Easily finds the meaning of a given word in sentences or illustrations.
- It can also translate words or phrases online.
- Has a voice speech feature which allows users to learn the pronunciation of certain words.
- Gathers together the info from most popular free encyclopedias and dictionaries, including Wikipedia, Littre, WordNet, Webster, etc.
- It allows access to WebKit, a software library, where you can find a more accurate representation of the item sought, such as images, links, etc.
- GoldenDict supports a wide range of file formats: BGL, IFO, DICT, IDX, SYN, DSL, LSA and others.
- This software can work online as well as offline.
The GoldenDict virtual dictionary is also available for Android