It looks like Bing came back from the dead, more powerful than ever, bringing a revolutionary way to search on the internet, and possibly overshadowing the market. As it takes advantage of the power of ChatGPT, Bing has started to change things, forever, making your search experience more accessible, intuitive, and accurate.
What is Bing?
Bing is a web search engine owned and developed by Microsoft since 2009. Standing as the default search engine of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, it never truly managed to convince a large audience and became less and less popular. But nothing can be more surprising or dangerous than the sleeping waters, and Microsoft started an unexpected turnaround. Powered by ChatGPT and its unique capabilities, it now offers a refreshing and groundbreaking experience.
What are the key features of Bing?
- Bing Chat: Okay, serious things start with the Chat mode supporting 2500 characters per request, as it completely revolutionizes the way you get what you want. You will have a conversation about what you search for and go with the flow, dynamically adjusting what you want based on the previous answers Bing provided. It brings your online experience to a higher level than before; ask Bing to plan your next trip, list all the ingredients for your recipes, write emails about what you found, translate it into different languages, and lots more. There is no limit to what you can do if you can imagine it.
- Natural language: As ChatGPT has been integrated as part of Bing, the search bar now works with natural language and can accept up to 1000 characters per search query. Being able to process natural language is beneficial as it truly eases the search process and allows you to type more complex and precise queries.
- Compiled answers: In addition to the link list the search engine usually provides, you will get an extra section with a compiled answer composed of descriptive and organized parts on your search page. Also, it contains the different web links used to access the content you need quickly.
- Complex search: As Bing can now compile and process more complex inquiries, you can ask for more elaborate answers that may not be available on the internet. For example, you can ask if your Ikea loveseats will fit into your car if you fold down the seat, then it will smartly gather your car and loveseats' dimensions to provide you an estimation. It is not a silver bullet, but it really improves the overall search process in many ways. Another example could be to ask Bing to list the pros and cons of the top 5 mixers, and it will directly output what you need to know.
- Voice and image: Striving to fit everyone's needs, you can also search using voice or based on an image.
- Shopping: You have access to your favorite stores in one place where you can shop for whatever you want. Also, you can get discounts and cashback with features deals.
- Games: You can play over 100 free games online, including classics from Atari, Microsoft, and lots more.
- Translator: Bing can perform quick translation for more than 70 languages.
- Science: It is able to process many kinds of math problems, from algebra to arithmetic and more. Just snap a pic with your phone, and it will solve your equation or problem. In addition, it can dynamically convert between 18 different units.
- Additional Microsoft services: Bing comes with all the services Microsoft provides in its apps, like Bing News, Bing Maps, Bing Trends, Bing Wallpaper Gallery, and more.
How to use Bing?
The new Bing version with all the features brought by ChatGPT is not available for everyone yet, but you can join the wishlist to access it in a shorter delay. According to Bing FAQ, “when you have cleared the waitlist, you'll receive an email letting you know that you can access the new Bing at Bing.com – then you can start typing in your usual search box. The new Bing is also available in the chat experience, found at the top of search results.”
If you are part of the lucky ones who can already use it, type your search request as you usually do, or click on Chat under the search bar to enter the Bing Chat mode. For more general information about Bing, you can consult our dedicated article on it.
How to install Bing on your PC?
The Windows Bing version we provide you makes Bing your default search engine.
Is it free?
Yes, Bing is freeware, so it is free to use.
Is it safe?