Transmission download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Transmission is a super BitTorrent client for peer-to-peer file-sharing. It is powerful, versatile, easy to use, and crazily efficient. Launched in 2005, it is one of the most popular and reliable BitTorrent clients ever made, and it keeps being updated and improved.
What is Transmission?
Transmission is a BitTorrent client for peer-to-peer file-sharing purposes. It is cross-platform, free-to-use, open-source, and privacy-oriented. You will love to discover the many reasons why Transmission is the default BitTorrent client of many Unix and Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, and more. Among others, it has been used by Western Digital, Zyxel, and Belkin.
What are the key features of Transmission?
- Blazing fast: It has one of the lowest memory and resource footprints, making it very lightweight and allowing high-speed data transfers. Besides, it can download multiple files from multiple sources simultaneously for even better performance.
- Secure and handy: Transmission is built for privacy so encrypted connections are natively supported, it comes without any ads or Adware, and it features blocklists for bad peers. In addition, it supports Magnet links, so you can click on them to start downloading any file, which is pretty handy.
- Priority: You can assign priorities to torrents and files within torrents. That is very useful to balance which files download first easily.
- Share and download: You can be part of the community by creating a queue of downloaded files and uploaded files.
- Interface: Honestly, there are only good things to tell about the Transmission graphical interface. It is intuitive, spotless, efficient, and very well organized. It fits everyone's needs, whether you are a beginner or an advanced user.
- Tunable: You can customize each download individually for total flexibility and control, including controlling bandwidth, limiting how many users can share your files simultaneously, and many more aspects of torrent distribution. The best part is that this flexibility doesn't come with complexity, as all the different settings are well organized to keep your environment clean and manageable.
- Remote control: Thanks to its built-in server, you can control Transmission remotely via the web.
How to use Transmission?
- Once downloaded and installed, you can start using Transmission right away.
- Either drag&drop a torrent file or click on a Magnet link on a trusted website. Alternatively, depending on your graphical interface, you can manually add a torrent from a URL or a source file.
- Wait for the download to finish, and that's it.
Is it free?
Yes, Transmission is free to use.
Is it safe?
It is safe to use Transmission without a second thought. Just make sure the content you download is safe.
Is it legal?
There is a common misconception that torrent downloaders such as Transmission are associated with illegal downloading. This actually makes sense because some users may use them for this purpose. However, these platforms have much wider use, and their potential lies in exchanging files quickly and easily, which is completely legal if the content is not copyrighted. In fact, companies themselves make use of them when distributing their products. Just ensure not to download copyrighted content without permission using Transmission.
- Digital data transmission > Guide
- Types of transmission cables > Guide
- Wifi transmission speed > Guide
- Emodio file transmission application > Download - Audio playback
- Rifs transmission [solved] > WiFi Forum