Slow to open other web sites

Solved/Closed
askota Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2008 - Jun 13, 2008 at 01:49 AM
 Don - May 14, 2011 at 02:51 PM
Hello,

I am not able to open other web sites like asp hosted login page from other providers, but when I open yahoo or Google my computer opens normal

Can you help

Andrew

7 responses

go to my computer. click on tools tab. go to view. uncheck the top box,automatically search the net.
and voilas, fixed
Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2010 at 02:02 AM
clean up ur internet history, cache, temp files, and registry
first take your modem
second cut it into pieces and fry and sprinkle black salt and salt and garnish with coriander leaves.

then serve
haha,,, you sure to be hungry huh? but my problem is now, I want to check the result for my application of scholarship, the whole country seemed to be slow in opening the site. mostly cant even open it!
zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 64
Jul 22, 2008 at 01:51 PM
hi askota,
this is due to a virus attack,so scan ur system and it will be good after that as this is ione of the feature of a virus keep this in mind dear see ya;-)
I have the reverse problem, I cannot open any yahoo web pages, no email, no fantasy football!!! I run a scan with spybot, avg & morton 360.... still the same issue????

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Problems with my PC
Dec 19, 2008 at 02:06 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem you have, I can only open howstuffworks and wikipedia.

I search up in google: "water" Wikipedia's link pops up and I am unable to click it, No viruses/spyware, I've even tried Spybot search & destroy.
I've recently had an error with WinLogon.exe but I have fixed it, and now I am getting problems with Internet Explorer/Mozilla AND Google chrome.
Try lowering your router MTU to 1492
Andrew I had a very similar problem which I solved today, it was my anti-virus programme... when I removed my anti-virus programme and replaced it with another everything went back to normal... I was running Avira free, are you using that too?

Don