Undetected/UNrecognize WD 2TB My Passport

Closed
vadwickross Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 4, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2018 - May 4, 2018 at 10:52 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 4, 2018 at 04:04 PM
Hello,

I badly need guidance how to troubleshoot my external hard drive WD 2TB My Passport.

I was able to hook it to my computer then installed the exe file on it (it was still detected at this point). it asked me to register the WD 2TB since i recently bought it. (no files stored yet)

after the registration of the product the system prompted than the newly installed WD tool should be updated thus I updated the WD software.

Then upon plugging my External Hard drive to my cpu to store my files the system notified me that the device was unrecognized. the drive is non-visible at this point, thus i disconnected my external hard drive and reconnected it again, but this time the system would say driver not installed.

Attach are the screenshots i encountered upon trying to find solution to this problem.

hoping that someone from the community could help me out.

Hope someone could help me. Thanks!

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 4, 2018 at 04:04 PM
Maybe if you removed the setting from the registry, the drive will be re-discovered upon pluggin it back in. taks a look at this microsoft article, and see if you think this would help out....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac09fc49-21d4-4d1e-843d-c6dcd3ad91f1/how-can-erase-all-history-of-usb-connected-drives-and-cdroms-from-my-registry?forum=w7itproinstall