Computer on but monitor says no signal

Closed
EliReyBooks Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2018 - Updated on Jun 5, 2018 at 09:50 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 6, 2018 at 04:33 PM
I know this has been solved and it worked for me as well. Remove the power cord hold the power button for a minute then power up again and BEAUTIFUL worked. My question is WHY did I have to do this and should I be worried because this is a BRAND SPANKING new computer? I literally just bought it on Friday June 1st! This NEVER happened with my old computer. I had tons of issues with it and it's why I broke down and got a new one but I never had THIS issue.

Now, my old computer never did the sleep thing with the monitors. I had to turn off the monitor off at night or the light on the screen would stay on all night. Not sure if that's the case with these newer computers.

I just want to be sure I shouldn't take this computer back. Isn't it too new for me to have to be looking up "fixes"? I was so sick of looking up fixes with my old computer I thought I was done with that for a long time with this new one. Everything else works perfectly. I'd hate to have to be doing this all the time. =/

TIA

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jun 6, 2018 at 05:05 AM
Hello

You have nothing to worry about. The issue is due to accumulated "flea power" (residual) in the circuits. Flea power obstructs the flow. Sometimes it just needs to be drained, it happens to old and BRAND SPANKING new computers. You may never have to drain it again.

Best regards
EliReyBooks Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2018
Jun 6, 2018 at 12:50 PM
Thank you! I hope you're right I just was afraid maybe I got a lemon. I didn't even want to think about having to remove EVERYTHING I'd worked all weekend on uploading and moving over from my old one.

Thanks again!

Eli
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jun 6, 2018 at 04:33 PM
All the pleasure was mine.