Computer has no signal to monitor

Closed
Srirachapapitv - Updated on Aug 12, 2018 at 04:05 AM
JenniferTruong Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday August 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2019 - Aug 29, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Hello, I used my PC this morning before I packed it up to head to a LAN tournament. I’ve done this several times before and there has been no problems. However this time, when I get to the event and get everything set up, my monitor doesn’t get a signal, but my keyboards LED lights are on and my mouse isn’t working. Tried different monitors and different cables (HDMI, DP) with no avail. I took out the graphics card and put it into a different slot and also tried unplugging it and holding the power button. I gave up and got a rental and everything worked fine so I’m figuring it’s either the graphics card or my PSU. Let me know if you guys have any other ideas or if I should just take it to my local computer repair shop. Thanks!!
Edit** my MB is an Asus strix b350-f gaming and has a orange light at the bottom right. Not sure if that means my PSU is faulty?

2 responses

Illithiss Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 12, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2018
Aug 13, 2018 at 06:45 AM
The orange light indicates your mobo is standing by and receiving power. Nothing to worry about.

For the issue itself, I suggest checking the pins on your GPU. Maybe some are loosened or bent.
If you have access to another GPU, try using that and see if the monitor starts. (if it does, it's highly likely your GPU is damaged.)
Also make sure your GPU is properly seated and has the required/necessary pci input.
JenniferTruong Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday August 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2019
Aug 29, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Check all cables inside and outside the PC. Check the PC with another monitor and/or check the monitor with another PC to determine if the PC or the screen is causing the problem.