How to format a write protected memory card

Closed
emmyekeke Posts 3 Registration date Friday September 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2018 - Sep 7, 2018 at 06:44 PM
emmyekeke Posts 3 Registration date Friday September 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2018 - Sep 8, 2018 at 02:36 AM
I bought a new gionee p8w and a 32 GB... And I used the memory card as internal memory and I restore phone factory settings due to the phone being unable to save or receive anything,,, not even to save pictures I snapped... After the factory reset the memory card was showing unsupported,,, that I should format and the format is not working... Please help

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2018 at 06:57 PM
OK, let me get this right: You bought a phone that is malfunctioning, so you immediately decided to restore it to factory? Why didn't you send it or take it back? Now, you can get no support. Take it to the person you bought it from!
emmyekeke Posts 3 Registration date Friday September 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2018
Sep 8, 2018 at 02:36 AM
Thanks for your effort to help... No I didn't buy a malfunctioning phone... It was after using the memory card in the Gionee p8w as the phone internal memory for about six months (from October 2017 - April 2018) that I have this problem. I guess how it all started was when the memory was low and I always come across clear junk files to free up memory in power clean (Antivirus and phone cleaner app) ,,, an application that I installed from play store... So on April this year (2018) I decided to clear my junk files using the power clean... I notice I can't received file from Xender at first and I was thinking my phone memory was still low,,, so the was no reason for me to panic and this happened few days after clearing my phone junk files... And a day after,,, I try snapping with my phone and I was unable,,, that was when I was afraid,,, thinking maybe I have turned some settings that may have restrict me from saving something into the memory because I later have enough space after junk files clearing... So I decided to reset my phone settings,,, but after the reset and my phone reboot,,, I had a notification saying that,,, this device doesn't support this SanDisk SD card,,, that I should touch to set up in a supported format... When I tried formatting by touching it,,, it took me to a platform to set up my SanDisk SD card into a) use as portable storage or b) use as internal phone storage... When I click a) it will start formatting and load up to 20% and after some secs it will tell me formatting complete but with everything still like the way it was... And the b) is saying its could erase the memory card after that it report (command '10 partition volume disk:179,128 private' failed with '400 10 command failed')... Please help...