More Metal Gear Solid trouble [Solved/Closed]

DarthMarasmus - Jun 16, 2008 at 12:59 AM - Latest reply:  ris
- Jun 21, 2014 at 06:46 AM
Hello,

As you can see form my post title, I'm having the same problem that Jorsh was, maybe with a slight twist.

I've tried compatibility mode and it's not working for me. I keep getting a message that it doesn't recognize my video hardware (not surprising) and that it's switching to software mode. Then it crashes. I've tried compatibility mode for 95- NT 4.0, nothing works.

Is there a patch somewhere that I could install to get this working or is there anything else I can try?
See more 

28 replies

Best answer
Thank you
i got the same problem in my windows 7 64 bit..
and I found this patch and works like a charm.. Hope it help you guys too.

i installed the version 1.01
http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_metal_gear_solid.shtml

Thank you, greenscar 23

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1810 users this month

how to donload it
tnx body
Thank you very much man!
clcik the save icon on the left to download
you guys must not have seen what actual FPS looks like ... he he he... of course how gameplay really feels...
Thank you
Delete the config files in MGS directory and start the game again
Thank you
I have the same problem -.-... Anyone's willing to help? And compatibility options doesn't work. The only one I haven't tried is to run a game with 256 colours ;). If I'll new something new, I'll post it here.
The only thing I found: http://mgsforums.com/topic/290710/1/, may be a little helpful. I'm considering downloading the PSX version though and emulate it via epsxe -.-...
comoseabien 4 Posts Tuesday January 29, 2013Registration date February 25, 2013 Last seen - Jan 29, 2013 at 01:08 PM
Thank you
I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

Just download this patch, copy all the content on the folder in the destination folder of MGS, and then, you'll be able to play the game. This worked for me. By the way, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.
https://www.box.com/shared/frgfd58qh0
Psychospazz - May 12, 2010 at 06:52 AM
Thank you
Runing win7 64bit
Geforce 9800GTX

I have done EVERYTHING!!! patches +compat mode+ the alchemy creative thing wont install on my PC. and still just black screen

Cant some one make a fire under the game developers butts for a patch
Thank you
set your graphic card colors to 8 bits it worked for me
Frank413 8 Posts Sunday October 5, 2008Registration date October 13, 2008 Last seen - Oct 6, 2008 at 06:33 PM
Thank you
You have a Radeon video card right:) if you have there is a radeon patch for mgs if I find it i'll post it
Frank413 8 Posts Sunday October 5, 2008Registration date October 13, 2008 Last seen - Oct 6, 2008 at 08:10 PM
Thank you
someone knows how get the vox file, I can't see videos!!!
Absolutely bro I have the same problem in my metal gear solid 1 pc version I downloaded the game after striving and these are the problems im facing as well no voice during talk with codec and missing of few movies and cut scences. Also I dont listen the voice during briefing when snake is in cell taken before going to the mission. except ithe noise of walking and openeing and closing of doors in briefing section.

I REQUEST ANY OF THE PERSON KNOWING A PROPER SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM , AND ANY ONE KNOWS HOW TO DOWNLOAD VOX AND MOVIE FILES. Ill BE VERY GRATEFUL TO HIM
Thank you
I have the exact same problem, I need a solution. Please, anyone out there has a solution to this common problem im begging you to tell us.
There you go. Next time try to google.
http://www.speedyshare.com/601545509.html
titanium00neon - May 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM
*********** A SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE *********** [PART 1]

When you install the game, you don't need to crack it because it's already cracked. So, now you know.
Create a shortcut on the Desktop and right-click, then properties. Go to Compatibility tab, then choose to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 98. This will solve some of your problems. Like not opening door in the end and ninja.
If you changed settings, you need to make a new shortcut, because the old one wont work.
If the game wants a CD, put in any CD. I have put a music CD and works...
As for the Hind with Liquid... Well... It's complicated... When it crashes for the first time, change compatibility to normal (checkbox empty). Now. If it crashes again, start it one more time. Play like this. Wait the moment when the Hind stops moving, or makes a routine path (look on your radar). Don't shoot the stinger if he's shooting at you. Then you have a big chance to make it trough without crashing. If it crashes this time... Well... Struggle. What else could I say.
DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY CRACKS, BECAUSE NONE OF THEM FIXES ANYTHING. The game is playable for some time, but then the crashes start again. And try not to go in first person view with Nikita missiles.
Thank you for reading this big post... Hope it helps you!

{titanium00neon, 08.05.2009.}
ElectricDragon 1 Posts Sunday January 20, 2013Registration date January 20, 2013 Last seen - Jan 20, 2013 at 01:21 PM
I have the problem with the Hind with Liquid. How do I solve it? I don't understand about the routine path.
wolfwarrior 3 Posts Sunday May 2, 2010Registration date May 2, 2010 Last seen - May 2, 2010 at 07:32 PM
Thank you
wow there is a mgs1 for pc!
Layzdog 1 Posts Tuesday August 10, 2010Registration date August 10, 2010 Last seen - Aug 10, 2010 at 11:09 AM
Thank you
This FIX helped me to run MGS on Win 7

http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/...[ENGLISH]%20No-CD/WinXP+Vista+%20GeForce+ATi%20Fixed%20EXE%20v1.01

give me a mail if it works on youre game. grtz
karine555 81 Posts Tuesday March 11, 2008Registration date February 9, 2009 Last seen - Jul 28, 2008 at 11:44 AM
Thank you
hi faalagorn,
downloading the PSX version though and emulate it via epsxe is the best solution dear and with this functio0n the game will flow sweetly dont worry about anything but make sure that ur graphic card is powerful enough to support the game;-0
djrayen 7 Posts Wednesday October 1, 2008Registration date October 3, 2008 Last seen - Oct 2, 2008 at 04:37 PM
Thank you
Hello,
i'm playing metal gear solid snake. I like this game very much. but i'm stuck somewhere in the game. When snake finds that his Master is Liquid snake in the command room, the room door gets locked. then dr. emmerich breaks the security and open the door. but the door is not opend. how I can open the door in the command room? please help me. I really like this game. Thank you.