My computer running Windows 10 is locked

Closed
Vomoier Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 14, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2018 - Updated on Dec 14, 2018 at 04:22 AM
Laeryas Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 20, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018 at 03:13 AM
I found a thread on this forum that was similar to my problem,like this : https://ccm.net/forum/affich-99854-forgot-my-xp-windows-pc-password (it is too old) ,but i am using Windows 10 computer , not Windows XP.
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Dec 14, 2018 at 01:00 PM
Sorry, we can not help with lost PC passwords
peter_barnett Posts 11 Registration date Tuesday December 18, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2019 2
Updated on Dec 20, 2018 at 03:55 PM
To assist you in a better manner, please provide us the following information:

Do you have a Microsoft account?

Have you tried to login using your Microsoft account?

Do you receive any error message while trying to log in using the Microsoft account?

Please follow the steps to enable the Build in Administrator:

Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:
net user administrator /active:yes
Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
After you log in, create a new user account using your Microsoft account. Check how many users are configured for (control panel>User account) and if you see your old user account, you can transfer your data from the user folder to the new account.

Do not forget to disable the inbuilt user account as this is only good for troubleshooting purposes.
Open CMD (Admin) type: net user administrator /active:no

————————
Peter Barnett
VP of Product Strategy
Software Deployment and Distribution – Action1
Vomoier Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 14, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2018
Dec 20, 2018 at 01:45 AM
I don't have Microsoft account on my computer ,as for Administrator , i will try it next time .
Laeryas Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 20, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2018
Dec 20, 2018 at 03:13 AM
My first comment, hope to be helpful to you.
There are three ways to help you.
1:Log into your computer with other accounts , reset or set a new password by then.
2:The free tools like the command promp or Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (Google it for more) can be used to crack the locked computer without password.
3:Use the bootable disk (Password reset disk) to break the locked computer .
Choose a method that you think will help you.