- - Latest reply: ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 13, 2019
- Mar 12, 2019 at 01:42 PM
Hello,

I've built a new PC and have got myself really stumped.
When I turn the PC on all fans kick in (good)
CPU ez boot led turns on and stays (not good) CPU not detected or failed I believe.

Here's the bit I'm stumped on, if I now plug a USB keyboard into one of the two 3.0 slots the CPU led goes out and the boot sequence carries on to full boot.
Windows and Games run fine no problems.
If I then switch off my computer and restart as usual leaving the keyboard plugged in we are now back to not detecting the CPU. If I then remove the keyboard and plug back in it finishes the boot again.

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 72.0.3626.105
See more 

2 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Ok problem solved.
After more investigation of stripping down the casing for the on - off switch and USB 3.0 I found the cables twisted badly together, I know this shouldn't make a difference with them both having protective insulation covering the wire but when I seperated the power button cable from the USB cable and then booted up there was no problem.
I built the casing back up making sure the cables went in different paths and did not touch and rebooted again no problem.
I connected the keyboard to the USB 3.0 to see if that trigger a reset as it had sometimes in the past, no problems now.
It has now been a couple of weeks and no more problems have occurred so the cables somehow must have been contaminating each other.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Say "Thank you" 1

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 3495 users have said thank you to us this month

ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 13, 2019
1046 -
Good job!
Respond to Emag_7887
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 13, 2019
Thank you
Go into BOOT order in the BIOS, and move the HDD before the USB port and see if that helps.
Emag_7887
Registration date
Thursday February 28, 2019
Status
Last seen
March 1, 2019
-
Sorry should have said, boot order is HDD first.
And this work around only works from the 3.0 usb's and no others.
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 13, 2019
1046 -
Well, since a simple fix isntt it, we need to know specifications such as motherboard model. Do you have any other USB ports that aren't high speed? Ypur keybaord des not need the throuput pf a 3.0 port.
Emag_7887
Registration date
Thursday February 28, 2019
Status
Last seen
March 1, 2019
-
Motherboard is a MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Graphics card is a CERBERUS -GTX1070Ti-A8G
CPU is a AMD Ryzen 5 six core 3.9GHz
HDD Patriot Burst 2.5 SATA III 250Gb
And DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V series 4Gb x4
It has two USB 2.0 which I used for both mouse and keyboard as steted in the manual but will only boot if the keyboard is plugged into USB 3.0 once boot had started.
The motherboard has Ez debug LED's one each for CPU, DRAM, VGA, BOOT.
On start-up first the CPU LED lights up but does not go out and move on to the next one which is DRAM. But while the CPU light is on if I plug my Keyboard into the 3.0 USB which is not on the motherboard but on the case which is a Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-06 Mid tower ATX case.

Just done another test with it and unplugged the case USB from the motherboard position JUSB3 and still does not boot, but if I then still plug into that USB 3.0 on the case that I've unplugged it goes into full boot and works fine.
How can that be when it's not connected to the motherboard?
Respond to ac3mark