Ineligible for Facebook - This decision is final - Options?

Solved/Closed
Nervx Posts 5 Registration date Monday March 18, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2019 - Mar 18, 2019 at 03:54 PM
Nervx Posts 5 Registration date Monday March 18, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2019 - Mar 21, 2019 at 09:34 AM
Hello,

Another one of these posts I'm afraid

However I am genuinely not sure what I'd done and maintain my innocence - I'm being open on the worst possible things they might punish me on but they probably haven't even seen, and I assure you I've read the community guidelines and standards and there are no other ways I've breached them to my knowledge - story is as follows:

I use my account mostly to trawl my feed, keep up to date with university and group events
I rarely ever post and keep my opinions to myself, the last post was around December with details about my stolen bike
I was the joint admin of 3 or so different groups/pages, which promoted their events to members and occasionally other university group pages - nothing excessive
I occasionally buy stuff from a for-sale gear group
I occasionally searched my ex to see if I was unblocked, in case this is some trigger, but never messaged or contacted her
I used FB Moments app which backed up my photos, several months ago. Curiously when the app was closing down it prompted me to download my cloud collection - but on 'generating a link', it never completed. I do have some patient medical information on my phone's photos - this is for educational purposes and never shared and kept myself and confidential - but possibly might flag up on the app? Longshot - but I'm trying to post the worst stuff I possibly do to see what's pertinent.
I use a VPN on my desktop now and then, but have done for years, and never use it on my phone.

A few months ago now - Jan 2019, after browsing FB in the morning and going to work, I tried to login around 8pm and found myself having to sign in again. On prompting it said I was ineligible to have an account. On giving my ID to FB they said my case was under review... however within 5 minutes I got a message from a member of the FB team saying:

-------

"We’ve determined that you are ineligible to use Facebook. To learn more about Facebook’s policies, please review the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities:

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/?ref=cr

Unfortunately, for safety and security reasons, we can't provide additional information as to why your account was disabled. We appreciate your understanding, as this decision is final."

-------

I've messaged them several times since for clarifications
I also found an email I'd received at around 7pm on the day I was banned - whilst I was away from my phone and not using Facebook:

-------

"Hello,

Any violation of our terms of service could have broader implications for your use of the Facebook Family of Apps and Services, including but not limited to your user, admin, developer, and business-related activities.

The Facebook team"

-------

Again, I was away from Facebook and had not shared anything prior - I do not know what this could be about.

At some point during my appeals, the login prompt changed slightly to a yellow box 'indicating that your account may have been hacked' - however the appeal itself is still a dead end with 0 clarifications since the initial ban.

I'm someone who genuinely professes my innocence and since the ban, it's interfered with my professional and volunteering life - an instant AND permanent ban seems out of context, sudden and harsh

I'd appreciate second opinions on this, especially if any of you are familiar with Facebook's policies as appears from other threads I've seen here! - what are my options?
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 19, 2019 at 02:24 PM
MY opinion is; I agree with them. They can do what ever they want!
Nervx Posts 5 Registration date Monday March 18, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2019
Mar 19, 2019 at 02:56 PM
Hey,
What do you mean by this? As in do you think it's arbitrary or that you agree with their decision to ban me?
Also not sure if you are familiar with UK law, but not sure if it is possible to freedom of information them
Blocked Profile
Mar 19, 2019 at 03:59 PM
They are not a government entity. They are a puplically traded commodity! They are not subject to freedom acts!!! So now what?
Nervx Posts 5 Registration date Monday March 18, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2019
Mar 19, 2019 at 05:04 PM
Yeah that's the thing, 'now what?' is the question.
I could carry on and just suck it up but I'm young and FB has a massive bearing on my professional and social life, so any avenues I can explore I'm all ears.
To clarify again, would you take their side on the ban? Genuinely not sure whether to consider myself innocent or not at this point
Blocked Profile
Mar 21, 2019 at 08:34 AM
Yes. In this instance, I side with THE FACEBOOK.