Missing folder

Closed
farshad - Jul 17, 2019 at 06:09 PM
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 - Jul 30, 2019 at 02:42 AM
hi, i had a folder with thousands of files(images) and hundreds of folders in it that i used to work with. my windows is 10. once it requested to do a restart to fix one of drivers and after the restart when i tried to open than large folder an error message poped up saying the directory is corrupted and unreadable. i tried the [chkdsk] command and it didnt work. then i performed a disk check and after that i found out the folder wasnt there anymore! every thing else in that driver is there except that! i made a file recovery with O&O but it brought back all the files in drive g without any specific order. i found a few of pictures that were in that folder and the names of them was changed with each other! what should i do? i need all of them in their own specific order! someone please help!
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jul 24, 2019 at 09:15 AM
I can only assume that when you did the chkdsk all the files that were corrupted were eliminated.

The only suggestion is to try "Recuva" a free recovery software which you will find on CCM"s download section.
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Jul 30, 2019 at 02:42 AM
Most of the data recovery tools recovers data successfully but doesn't have enough capability to keep original name of files as it is.