JR - Jun 22, 2009 at 05:26 AM
Hello,
This is what is happening
I have an HP desktop Windows Vista
I turn it ON:
Power is on
and you could see the fans on
BUT
There is a yellow light concerning the screen (A green light goes on if there is anything coming on the screen)
Keyboard doesnt work nor mouse and its as if it isnt on even though there is power
I need your help badly on this one
Thank you in advance

4 responses

nfa82 Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday March 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 7
Jun 17, 2009 at 02:51 PM
Hye, there's may be a problem with the memory dimm! You will have to get it checked by a technician!
Normally you would get a variety of beeps to indicate a memory problem. Sounds to me like either your VGA/DVI output is knackered or your monitor isn't plugged in correctly. Try twiddling the cable that goes from your monitor into the back of your computer. This has happened plenty of times to me over the years and the monitor doesn't always display a 'No signal' message if the lead is loose.
I never read the bit below about the keyboard and mouse not working.

Could be a possible Motherboard issue then? The one time this happened to me I had to replace the MB. None of the USB ports worked and the computer wouldn't boot. :(
I am going to pass by a technician later today to drop it off
Thing is
The light turns on which indicates that it boot and the fan goes on but no keyboard/mouse wirj
Even the DVDrom opens
Really weird
Help appreciated
Will let you know what happened as soon as things are fixed :)