Where did my messages for a month go after i disabled data permission for WhatsA

Solved/Closed
lega - May 12, 2020 at 04:58 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - May 12, 2020 at 09:10 AM
Hello,
I disabled data for WhatsApp on 1st April (as a substitute to uninstall). Now I have turned it 'ON' back, on 10th May, and I received messages from the month of May only. Didn't receive any message from the month of April. It may look like that no one messaged me in April but it's not true. I have been part of highly active groups, and in the groups too, there's been no message for the month of April. How can I retrieve those April messages?
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Updated on May 12, 2020 at 07:39 AM
Hello, have a look here at this article on how to recover deleted WhatsApp chat history.

However, if you disabled WhatsApp data on the 1st of April, you off stopped being able to receive any of these messages when they were first sent. If these messages were sent again today, you should receive them as you have turned data back on.

In these group chats, could you see messages appearing throughout April? If you never saw any messages, then you probably won't be able to retrieve them.

Regards
You're right. ???????? Got a reply from WhatsApp, they won't be able to recover those messages. They don't guarantee the delivery and order of offline messages, if there are connection issues from sender or receiver's side.
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925 > lega
May 12, 2020 at 09:10 AM
Thanks for the update. I thought that would be the case.