Duplicate email addresses in yahoo inbox

Closed
okgramx6 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 28, 2020 Status Member Last seen November 28, 2020 - Nov 28, 2020 at 10:45 AM
 Jawahar - Jul 23, 2023 at 08:08 AM
My yahoo inbox has duplicate email addresses listed. When trying to eliminate the duplicates, it eliminates all associated with that email address.
One set of the addresses has a key next to it, the other set does not.
How can I eliminate these extra duplicate email addresses in my mailbox?
Thank you

1 response

GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40
Nov 30, 2020 at 04:23 AM
Suggest you try this:

Account Settings > Copies & folders, you uncheck the box is checked that says "When sending messages, automatically "

Uncheck: 'place a copy in;

Hope my answer comes in handy for you.
It is the actual email accounts that are duplicated. One set has a key next to it, the other set doesnt have a key and just duplicates the “email boxes” set up.
person > Okgramx6
Feb 16, 2023 at 03:53 PM

I had this issue. Tried calling customer support and they told me I had to pay them to fix it lol. I found that there is a difference between ACCOUNT and MAILBOX. When you open the app on an iPhone, click the purple Y at the upper lefthand corner, then click Settings, then notice how there is a "Manage Accounts" and a "Manage Mailboxes" option. Click on "Manage Mailboxes" and delete the ones that are listed under your accounts that are in grey font. For some reason, Yahoo adds your accounts as "Mailboxes" under your various "Accounts" which duplicates them.

Jawahar > person
Jul 23, 2023 at 08:08 AM

@okgramx6,

Thank you for solving the duplicate by giving clear direction.