Problems with messenger accounts

Closed
Albert - Updated on Dec 7, 2020 at 05:28 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14323 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 4, 2024 - Dec 8, 2020 at 05:33 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with 2 messenger accounts which I use,
I created a messenger account before I made a Facebook account so they are independent of one another, (to switch between them I had to go to switch account on both of them)

Note: Both use the same email address and phone number

. Recently my account got stuck on my Facebook linked messenger and when I go to switch to my non Facebook linked messenger it asks me to put in my email/phone number along with my password, once I put these in it tells me I'm already logged into that account, if I try to use "forgot password" I put in my email(which is the same for both accounts) and then it allows me to change the password on the account im already on(my facebook linked account)

Basically I want to access my old account which uses the same email and phone number as my fb messenger but when i do "forgot password" it ignores my old account and lets me change only my Fb password

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14323 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 4, 2024 1,885
Dec 8, 2020 at 05:33 AM
Hi,

Log out from all your accounts and clear your browser's cache and cookies. If the problem persists, try entering the username of your old account instead of your email address.

Good luck.