Instagram problem

Closed
richerworlds Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 28, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 28, 2020 - Dec 28, 2020 at 06:39 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - Dec 29, 2020 at 04:29 PM
hello hello, few days ago i buy instagram account from another country, i think i change all the info to my email and phone, and today when i online instagram send message: Your Account Has Been Temporarily Locked. and he ask me a code from the phone number/email from the person i buy the account, so i ask him and he give me the code, now everything is ok, but in the future i dont want problems like this, how can i make it to mine email/phone? because i change in setting to mine and also in the edit profie...

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
Dec 29, 2020 at 04:29 PM
Hi,

As the owner of the account had changed, Instagram wanted to verify the authentication by asking the previous owner to confirm a security code, in order to make sure that the account was not hacked.

Now, if you've already changed (and confirmed) all contact information in the account settings by yours, and removed those of that person, then you're the full owner of the Instagram account.

In case Instagram will asks you to confirm a code in the future, they'll send it to you through your phone number or email address.